Texas Fishing Forum

2014 Native Slayer 12 Seat

Posted By: JJ4MEL

2014 Native Slayer 12 Seat - 04/22/21 03:35 AM

Recently got myself a great deal on a Native Slayer (Not propel). As I went to pick it up I realized it did not have the original seat, but a dang stadium seat. Talked him down a little more and took the kayak. Does anyone have an idea for an aftermarket seat for this yak? If I order from Native it's going to cost as much as I paid for the yak.
Posted By: jimmytimmy87

Re: 2014 Native Slayer 12 Seat - 05/07/21 03:29 PM

I heard a Larry Chair will work. They run them in the Diablos. My wife has this app on her phone that is more or less amazon but Chinese. I think it is called Ali. They have anything you want on there but extra cheap. I just ordered a new aluminum frame seat for my Ocean Kayak Big Game on there. It was 100$. They have all different sizes for right around that price point. None are OEM, but look up measurements for your factory seat and you can get something close.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: 2014 Native Slayer 12 Seat - 05/07/21 04:29 PM

This is a good idea for people under 200#s
Posted By: JJ4MEL

Re: 2014 Native Slayer 12 Seat - 05/07/21 04:37 PM

Thanks CCTX. I actually found a Larry Chair on Amazon that is slightly smaller than what you find on the Diablo. Mine is only a 12" rise vs the 18" on the Diablo and it fits perfectly!! Only $40 too!
Posted By: CCTX

Re: 2014 Native Slayer 12 Seat - 05/07/21 04:42 PM

Can't find a similar video where someone used thick walled, small diameter pvc and cut the pvc into two three inch length pieces, then cut those two pieces in half (length wise) to make four crescent shaped mounts for the chair. The chair then clicked/snapped into the pvc crescents. Looked very stable and easy to make.

[Linked Image]
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum