Texas Fishing Forum

Bonafide RS117 Question

Posted By: Strat-a-Caster

Bonafide RS117 Question - 04/05/21 03:21 PM

I got a bonafide RS117 and I knew on the back there are small dimples which is a template for a trolling motor or anchor pole system. But looking around more, there are similar dimples throughout the kayak in both sides. Do you know what these are for?? See attached photo.

[Linked Image]

Attached picture Capture.PNG
Posted By: Mudshark

Re: Bonafide RS117 Question - 04/05/21 06:46 PM

The last time I answered a kayak question, the guy looked at the bunker and left. No way I’m answering this one.

Re: Bonafide RS117 Question - 04/05/21 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Mudshark
The last time I answered a kayak question, the guy looked at the bunker and left. No way I’m answering this one.

To each their own! lol

I am staying though. Please give me your thoughts haha!

Re: Bonafide RS117 Question - 04/05/21 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Strat-a-Caster

To each their own! lol

I think those are called fidget holes. When you are sitting there waiting on a fish to bite, those indentions are where you are supposed to run your fingers through making little trails of water to kill some time. Maybe put a split shot in the little tray and push it around a little bit and just lose track of time until a rod goes down. I’m pretty sure that is what they are for.

Re: Bonafide RS117 Question - 04/05/21 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Strat-a-Caster

To each their own! lol

I think those are called fidget holes. When you are sitting there waiting on a fish to bite, those indentions are where you are supposed to run your fingers through making little trails of water to kill some time. Maybe put a split shot in the little tray and push it around a little bit and just lose track of time until a rod goes down. I’m pretty sure that is what they are for.

bang

Re: Bonafide RS117 Question - 04/06/21 03:10 AM

I have thought about it a bit more and now I am convinced they are there to make the hull more rigged in those areas.
Posted By: christian myrick

Re: Bonafide RS117 Question - 04/06/21 11:57 AM

They are spots for additional factory accessories.
Posted By: JJ4MEL

Re: Bonafide RS117 Question - 04/06/21 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by christian myrick
They are spots for additional factory accessories.

^^THIS^^ I know a few of them in the back are for running cable if you were to install a trolling motor or a rudder.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum