Texas Fishing Forum

What Kayak Cart Do You Suggest?

Posted By: Strat-a-Caster

What Kayak Cart Do You Suggest? - 04/04/21 02:13 AM

Looking to possibly get a kayak cart. for my Bonafide RS117. Any suggetsions?
Posted By: Mike@972

Re: What Kayak Cart Do You Suggest? - 04/04/21 03:15 AM

Personally, I'm a big fan of Boonedox landing gear.

I used a CTug for a season. There is absolutely nothing wrong with CTug, its a quality piece of equipment that works exactly as intended. I just really like the convenience of the Boondox.

If you prefer something like the CTug... I'll will sell my CTug at a fair price (assuming you are in DFW). If interested, drop me a PM.

Happy researching... For me, this is part of the fun.
Posted By: Jerry713

Re: What Kayak Cart Do You Suggest? - 04/04/21 01:09 PM

I just watched a video on the wilderness systems cart. It's not cheap but the only underneath cart I've seen that can work without using straps. From what I understand if your on bumpy/and or steep terrain use the straps that come with it. Fits most kayaks too since it's adjustable. Pretty slick!
Posted By: lconn4

Re: What Kayak Cart Do You Suggest? - 04/04/21 06:56 PM

I don't have time for straps.. roflmao I've only dumped kayak off cart once. Have had it for several years (Harmony) and only used it a few times so there is a learning curve just like with kayaking. Like how it folds up and takes up very little space in car. Just looked at some of the newer models and some have only one leg stand.. mine has two and I think I like that better for those with that design. Mine has inflatable tires..very smooth over ground and pavement (when they have air in them.. see dumped kayak off cart once). I got it used with kayak and trailer so I didn't research what was what in carts. It does what it's supposed to do very well.

https://www.amazon.com/Harmony-Gear...&hvtargid=pla-373612205447&psc=1

Posted By: Strat-a-Caster

Re: What Kayak Cart Do You Suggest? - 04/05/21 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mike@972
Personally, I'm a big fan of Boonedox landing gear.

I used a CTug for a season. There is absolutely nothing wrong with CTug, its a quality piece of equipment that works exactly as intended. I just really like the convenience of the Boondox.

If you prefer something like the CTug... I'll will sell my CTug at a fair price (assuming you are in DFW). If interested, drop me a PM.

Happy researching... For me, this is part of the fun.

Mike, PM sent.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum