Texas Fishing Forum

Got another Kayak

Posted By: CarlB

Got another Kayak - 03/02/21 09:59 PM

I normally fish from my Advanced Elements firefly, but it's really tight and not good for fishing. I also have a sevylor but I don't trust it because of the cheap valves and it has no outer shell, so I have been wanting to get something better suited for me to fish from. I took a chance on this boat, there's not a lot of information on it. I like the size, I don't want a 14 foot long fishing kayak. That's too big to maneuver I think and it would be a lot more pumping, not to mention trunk space. I wanted something between 8.5 and 10 feet that is wide enough to be stable, but not as wide as most fishing kayaks. I also wanted the drop stich floor so I could try to put a fishing seat in someday. This was the only boat in my size range with a drop stitch floor for not a ton of money, around $500. Sorry I don't have an inflated pick yet, though I did finally figure out the valves and pump. It works a little different than my advanced elements which has valves that are easier and more reliable IMO. Hopefully I will be taking it fishing Sunday.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Got another Kayak - 03/03/21 03:08 PM

Here's the boat 2/3 inflated. It looks sharp and looks like it's well put together, but it's glued instead of welded, which I read now doesn't last as long, especially in hot and humid climates. I can't wait to try it this weekend.

[Linked Image]

Re: Got another Kayak - 03/08/21 01:42 PM

The new boat worked great. I didn't want to spend time putting the keel in, so it spun around in the wind, but overall it's a great boat. It's as fast and light on the water as my firefly but much roomier and firmer with the drop stich floor.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Got another Kayak - 03/09/21 01:56 AM

Very nice! thumb
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Got another Kayak - 03/09/21 05:11 AM

Excellent!!
Really enjoying my inflatable (kayak that is)
The ease of transportation and keeping everything minimal is nice.

*. Add another skeg with Stabond for better tracking.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum