Texas Fishing Forum

New Years Hawg

Posted By: Lmgreeri

New Years Hawg - 01/02/21 02:31 AM

I was hoping to start the new year with a DD form my yak. Was concerned as this would be my 3rd trip in a row that falls right after a front passed through.
Loaded up and rolled for Casa Blanca. Blue bird morning started at 37 degrees. It warmed quickly though as the sun came up. I wasn't interested in numbers so I stuck with big baits on the ledges. Could see fish on the Lowrance on the ledges but couldn't get them to bite. Wind was making it tough. Finally decided to peddle across the lake out of the wind and try a shallow creek that had warmer water. While working my way back out the shallow side casting to deep water with a large square bill everything just stops. At first I thought I wedged the crankbait but then it started puling. Got it yak side still not sure how big it is and I see the head. Barely hooked with one hook in the lower lip. I take the chance of a hook in the fingers and lip her. Turns out to be a 7.5 pounder. Missed 2 more bites and had to load up because that park closes the gate at 5pm. Not quite the DD I wanted but I'll take it for a first fish of 2021.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: steve hummert

Re: New Years Hawg - 01/02/21 02:38 AM

Well done sir, there are some good fish in that little lake
Posted By: Scoundrel

Re: New Years Hawg - 01/02/21 05:16 AM

Great start to 2021! fish
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: New Years Hawg - 01/02/21 12:07 PM

banana
Posted By: JPeel

Re: New Years Hawg - 01/02/21 12:17 PM

Helluva good start!
Posted By: psalty

Re: New Years Hawg - 01/02/21 04:55 PM

Congrats my friend. No skunk here and a decent dude (small DD) experienced. Looking forward to next opportunity. Happy New Year! thumb
Posted By: lconn4

Re: New Years Hawg - 01/03/21 12:08 AM

cheers
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: New Years Hawg - 01/06/21 02:43 AM

Nice post and a solid fish. Good job. cheers
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: New Years Hawg - 01/07/21 03:31 AM

woot
Posted By: Superfluke

Re: New Years Hawg - 01/08/21 10:55 PM

Good start to the fishing year. Congrats!
© 2021 Texas Fishing Forum