Texas Fishing Forum

Question about Blanco State Park

Posted By: CarlB

Question about Blanco State Park - 10/19/20 01:32 PM

I was wondering if it's worth bothering to take my kayak to Blanco state park. I've driven though Blanco but never went to the park. It's pretty small isn't it? Is there good fishing and would it be just as easy to do bank fishing?
Posted By: CADD

Re: Question about Blanco State Park - 10/19/20 02:45 PM

It is small! and split by a road and a dam, the lower part is deeper and better fishing IMHO. You can do ok from the bank but a kayak will help you reach the none developed bank where I've had better luck. TPW will dump some trout in there in a month or two and you'll be about to catch them for awhile.
Posted By: Jerry713

Re: Question about Blanco State Park - 10/20/20 01:57 PM

Well worth taking the kayak. As mentioned you'll be able to fish areas of heavy cover that you can't fish from the bank. The water is mostly clear so the areas where you can fish from the bank fish can easily see you. I'd concentrate on those areas that don't have bank access.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Question about Blanco State Park - 10/20/20 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Jerry713
Well worth taking the kayak. As mentioned you'll be able to fish areas of heavy cover that you can't fish from the bank. The water is mostly clear so the areas where you can fish from the bank fish can easily see you. I'd concentrate on those areas that don't have bank access.

thumb
Posted By: Lmgreeri

Re: Question about Blanco State Park - 10/20/20 11:13 PM

I have wondered about yaking both this spot and the one on the Pedernales River further north just past Johnson City while heading up to fish the highland lakes. It looks like bigger water than BSP. Both look fishy and custom made for yak fishing.
Posted By: CarlB

Re: Question about Blanco State Park - 10/21/20 02:38 PM

I saw someone Canoe in Pedernales state park once. You aren't allowed to swim in the pools, or near them, I'm not sure but you probably can't boat in that part either.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum