Texas Fishing Forum

Murvaul

Posted By: lconn4

Murvaul - 10/07/20 02:04 PM

Fished Murvaul this past Saturday. It’s been a while since I’ve been here and didn’t know what to expect. Started out slow but picked up later in the day. Caught most on spinnerbaits.. it didn’t seem to mater what color or what type of blades. Even hooked 3 catfish on them. They were all chunky, the biggest 17 inches. Fished deep too long as I caught one on a deep diving crank bait and stuck with it. Paddled a couple of miles to a shallow area that had dying grass and caught 6 more and missed just as many.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Posted By: TxDanFishMan

Re: Murvaul - 10/07/20 02:43 PM

Glad to hear some fish still to be caught at Murvaul.

That is one sleek looking Kayak,
Posted By: Mike@972

Re: Murvaul - 10/07/20 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by TxDanFishMan

That is one sleek looking Kayak,

Yup. Most of you know that I have a pedal kayak... however, I sometimes consider a paddeler for the sport of it. This being said, Iconns new ride is sexy and often makes reconsider my tank of a kayak!

Re: Murvaul - 10/07/20 07:00 PM

And I'm thinking about getting a wide one. roflmao I carry so much junk these days, 5 rods, looking at a big screen graph, and would like spot lock trolling motor. May just skip the kayaks and go to a boat. bang
Posted By: Mike@972

Re: Murvaul - 10/07/20 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by lconn4
And I'm thinking about getting a wide one. roflmao I carry so much junk these days, 5 rods, looking at a big screen graph, and would like spot lock trolling motor. May just skip the kayaks and go to a boat. bang

LOL. I'll believe it when I see it!
Posted By: JCG57

Re: Murvaul - 10/07/20 10:20 PM

Does that ride paddle as sweet as it looks? I would be tempted to replace my ancient Manta with one like that, but I think I am about ready to get back into a motor boat (something to carry the grandkids).

Re: Murvaul - 10/07/20 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Mike@972
Originally Posted by lconn4

LOL. I'll believe it when I see it!

me too! bang

Re: Murvaul - 10/07/20 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by JCG57
Does that ride paddle as sweet as it looks? I would be tempted to replace my ancient Manta with one like that, but I think I am about ready to get back into a motor boat (something to carry the grandkids).

It does.. its almost 16 feet, so two feet longer than my Manta Ray 14 which I consider one of the best hulls for a fishing kayak (not for standing but it can be done), almost 20 lbs lighter in weight than the Manta Ray, and 3.5 inches narrower beam. I'm only 168 lbs so when I paddle it without any gear its like a rocket getting up to speed and then the glide just keeps going. Have had it to 6.5 mph for a short burst but easy to get to 5 mph and I'll soon be 65. It was designed for ocean use and has some rocker to handle rough conditions and with 2 separate carbon fiber bulkheads, its not very likely I would ever sink it. Still have a goal of catching a sailfish out of it... maybe later this year.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: JCG57

Re: Murvaul - 10/08/20 03:08 AM

Those speeds are impressive. My cruising speed is 2.5 mph and for short bursts can hit "ramming" speed of maybe 4 mph. But when I get my G3 with 90 hp Yamaha everything changes! But until then, back to my stealthy cove crawl on Grapevine.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Murvaul - 10/08/20 03:32 AM

Very nice! cheers
Posted By: cellis

Re: Murvaul - 10/08/20 01:50 PM

Very neat rig. Congrats on the trip and nice pics, too. thumb
Posted By: CarlB

Re: Murvaul - 10/08/20 03:36 PM

Nice Kayak and fish.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum