Texas Fishing Forum

Any catfishermen/women?

Posted By: christian myrick

Any catfishermen/women? - 07/24/20 09:13 AM

I'd like to fish with some new people. I am in denton but willing to make a drive for any big game species. I've been paddling almost 40 years now and fishing most of that. I'm not interested in making 400 casts for 5, 5lbs fish. That said I like saltwater fishing, gator gar, cats, striper. I usually fish with my 14 year old son or alone. I haven't been too social this last couple years. I also stopped getting on fb and never been on any other social media so meeting other kayak anglers has been pretty slim. No experience necessary.
Posted By: JJ4MEL

Re: Any catfishermen/women? - 07/24/20 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by christian myrick
I'd like to fish with some new people. I am in denton but willing to make a drive for any big game species. I've been paddling almost 40 years now and fishing most of that. I'm not interested in making 400 casts for 5, 5lbs fish. That said I like saltwater fishing, gator gar, cats, striper. I usually fish with my 14 year old son or alone. I haven't been too social this last couple years. I also stopped getting on fb and never been on any other social media so meeting other kayak anglers has been pretty slim. No experience necessary.

I am on the Prosper/Celina border. I have a boat I have been working on for catfishing. Haven't had the chance to register it yet because of the COVID and not wanting to drive to Garland on a weekday. Once I get it registered I'm ready to go. Just looking for a fishing buddy!
Posted By: steveiam

Re: Any catfishermen/women? - 07/24/20 08:16 PM

I fish for catfish most of the time and would love to fish with sometime
Christian-
I’ve enjoyed reading post of your for years, I just don’t travel except to the brazos river below PK a couple of times a year-
I hope you are able to join up with someone and hit Tawok for some blues or striped fish, that was my favorite lake when I was younger-
Posted By: SgtRudy0351

Re: Any catfishermen/women? - 08/04/20 02:27 AM

Heck yes! I live in Lake Dallas, close. I actually just got a kayak and will be fishin mainly crappie, cats, sandies, and striper. I

Re: Any catfishermen/women? - 08/04/20 12:58 PM

Anyone shoot me a pm if ya wanna fish.
Posted By: Searsay

Re: Any catfishermen/women? - 08/24/20 06:37 PM

Christian - we've meet once or twice i think. Saw this earlier this month but just getting around to responding now. Same with me - i don't do facebook or similar. I'll send you a pm sometime in the next few weeks once we get my son into a school schedule and see if we can sort something either on kayak or with me helping my son from our porta-bote.
Posted By: jippedgenes

Re: Any catfishermen/women? - 08/28/20 03:54 PM

I fish a lot for bass but love fishing for anything that bites. I have been going to the trinity to try to catch big gar. So far nothing yet other than a 7-8 cat. I put in off of Hebron Pkwy and paddle upstream to a few deep holes. If you wanna go let me know. I have not been out since it got real hot though.
Posted By: Oldtrackster

Re: Any catfishermen/women? - 09/02/20 04:31 PM

I sure hope the catfisherwomen are cuter than the catfishermen I have seen. roflmao

Re: Any catfishermen/women? - 09/05/20 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by Oldtrackster
I sure hope the catfisherwomen are cuter than the catfishermen I have seen. roflmao

laugh but....

Attached picture FB_IMG_1489023618865.jpg
Posted By: jippedgenes

Re: Any catfishermen/women? - 09/07/20 02:26 PM

laugh but....

Cute gal but those are not catfish sir. Until you show me cats on a stringer it did not happen and she is NOT a catfisherwoman.....so does not count!

banana

Re: Any catfishermen/women? - 09/09/20 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by jippedgenes

laugh but....

Cute gal but those are not catfish sir. Until you show me cats on a stringer it did not happen and she is NOT a catfisherwoman.....so does not count!

banana

Attached picture 20180603_1429241.jpg
Attached picture 20141115_1449301.jpg
Posted By: Oldtrackster

Re: Any catfishermen/women? - 09/09/20 05:33 PM

Yep. That counts and proves catfisherwomen are cuter than catfishermen.
Posted By: T- Gil

Re: Any catfishermen/women? - 09/16/20 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by jippedgenes

laugh but....

banana

flehan
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum