Texas Fishing Forum

Port Aransas North Jetty

Posted By: Lmgreeri

Port Aransas North Jetty - 07/19/20 07:20 AM

Took the new Hobies all the way from the boat launch in Port A harbor to the end of the North Jetty today. A long trip due to the beaches being closed to vehicle traffic but turned out to be worth the trip. Caught jacks on topwaters and redfish and trout on Rattletraps and soft plastics. Great day on the water. Looking forward to Kerrville Lake next weekend. bannana2
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Scoundrel

Re: Port Aransas North Jetty - 07/19/20 01:03 PM

Outstanding! cool
Posted By: christian myrick

Re: Port Aransas North Jetty - 07/19/20 02:31 PM

We have a trip coming up the second weekend of august. Glad to see you guys got out.
Posted By: Jerry713

Re: Port Aransas North Jetty - 07/20/20 12:00 PM

Thanks for the report and pics! Buddy be careful offshore or even at the jetties with the seats in the high position. When you get one of those little waves that hit the side of the yak at the same time you lean over to net or grab a fish is when being in the raised position can cost you. When offshore I always drop my seat down to the low position. Still comfortable (just lay the back of the seat back a little) and increases stability.
Posted By: vi3tboi361

Re: Port Aransas North Jetty - 07/21/20 12:38 AM

[Linked Image]

I was lucky to get on pins friday before the closure

Re: Port Aransas North Jetty - 07/21/20 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by vi3tboi361
[Linked Image]

I was lucky to get on pins friday before the closure

You should make a new post on this. I have a couple of questions but don't want to hijack the OP's post.

Re: Port Aransas North Jetty - 07/21/20 11:41 PM

I ain't gonna get upset if the post veers a little. Looks like he did pretty well. We all come here to learn and see fish right?
Posted By: butch sanders

Re: Port Aransas North Jetty - 07/22/20 12:45 AM

fabulous
both
Posted By: GHSTgoesBOO

Re: Port Aransas North Jetty - 07/22/20 01:35 PM

Awesome!
Posted By: JJ4MEL

Re: Port Aransas North Jetty - 07/22/20 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Lmgreeri
I ain't gonna get upset if the post veers a little. Looks like he did pretty well. We all come here to learn and see fish right?

thumb

Re: Port Aransas North Jetty - 07/22/20 04:58 PM

Lol 10-4 thanks bud.

Re: Port Aransas North Jetty - 07/23/20 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by JJ4MEL

thumb

If more people fished together this world would be so much a better place and we would get along much better. I'm just sad that we have T-storms coming for this weekend. Instead of more fishing pics to post after the weekend, the best you might get from me is pics of my re-arranged tackle boxes or the electrical wires clean up with zip ties project.
If anyone gets out, be safe and tight lines.

Re: Port Aransas North Jetty - 07/23/20 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by JJ4MEL

thumb

I'm just sad that we have T-storms coming for this weekend.

Meee too! And if the 4-6" fall down there that is predicted it'll freshen up the bays making fishing tough for a while at least as far as backwater reds go.
Posted By: spinnerbait72

Re: Port Aransas North Jetty - 07/28/20 03:30 AM

Nice thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum