Texas Fishing Forum

How fast could you make a kayak go

Posted By: Mudshark

How fast could you make a kayak go - 07/06/20 02:40 AM

How fast would a kayak go if you had one of those backpack leaf blowers down in the water? I don’t have one of those leaf blowers or else I could answer that. I’m hoping one of you do have a leaf blower and could do some research for me.
Posted By: senko9S

Re: How fast could you make a kayak go - 07/06/20 02:45 AM

video please
Posted By: Davedave

Re: How fast could you make a kayak go - 07/06/20 03:05 AM

I don’t have a kayak. But, I’m guessing somewhere around 50-55.
Posted By: Smurfs

Re: How fast could you make a kayak go - 07/06/20 03:07 AM

Would this be your first Kayak post? If so, great ? roflmao
Posted By: Flippin-Out

Re: How fast could you make a kayak go - 07/06/20 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by Mudshark
How fast would a kayak go if you had one of those backpack leaf blowers down in the water? I don’t have one of those leaf blowers or else I could answer that. I’m hoping one of you do have a leaf blower and could do some research for me.

I don't need the leaf blower; that's just noisy. I can strap it to the roof of my Yukon and probably get up to 100 mph or so. Sticking a leafblower in the water is just going to bog it down. That air "compressor" isn't designed to work with any backpressure; it will just bog down. Get yourself a high performance water pump!
Posted By: CCTX

Re: How fast could you make a kayak go - 07/06/20 12:07 PM

What’s terminal velocity with a kayak?
120mph?
Posted By: Uncle Zeek

Re: How fast could you make a kayak go - 07/06/20 12:24 PM

Depends on what's chasing me

Re: How fast could you make a kayak go - 07/06/20 08:29 PM

Going to go check the lake in a bit. I’m not trying this if there is to much chop on the water
Posted By: BassFever

Re: How fast could you make a kayak go - 07/07/20 01:42 AM

Is it on a treadmill?
Posted By: Schpanky

Re: How fast could you make a kayak go - 07/07/20 01:57 PM

....don't think the thought hasn't crossed my mind....but i'm a little old for "hey y'all watch this" moments...
Posted By: christian myrick

Re: How fast could you make a kayak go - 07/07/20 09:10 PM

Dunno but i think iconn needs to see me at the lake with his kazooki kayak. stir
Posted By: Davedave

Re: How fast could you make a kayak go - 07/08/20 02:34 PM

How did the speed trials go?
Posted By: lconn4

Re: How fast could you make a kayak go - 07/09/20 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by christian myrick
Dunno but i think iconn needs to see me at the lake with his kazooki kayak. stir

Dang Christian, I'll be 65 in a few months... is that what you want to be known for? He beat a two pack a day, 65 year old smoker, who uses a spoon for a paddle. roflmao I've already told you my best speed.. 6.5 mph. Tell me your top end speed and I guarantee I can improve mine. I'm like the little kid in the long D contest.. I'm not going to show you everything I've got... just enough to win. roflmao

Re: How fast could you make a kayak go - 07/09/20 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by lconn4

Dang Christian, I'll be 65 in a few months... is that what you want to be known for? He beat a two pack a day, 65 year old smoker, who uses a spoon for a paddle. roflmao I've already told you my best speed.. 6.5 mph. Tell me your top end speed and I guarantee I can improve mine. I'm like the little kid in the long D contest.. I'm not going to show you everything I've got... just enough to win. roflmao

Well im also a 2 pack a day smoker. I will have to see what i can do about checking my speed. I did get bill bragmans reload to 7.3 for just a second. The fisha is waaaaay faster than the reload. I dont have fish finder or gps...kinda low tech guy. Last week i chased a mamoth off a cliff with a spear and torch. Hahaha

Re: How fast could you make a kayak go - 07/09/20 09:36 PM

Well im also a 2 pack a day smoker. I will have to see what i can do about checking my speed. I did get bill bragmans reload to 7.3 for just a second. The fisha is waaaaay faster than the reload. I dont have fish finder or gps...kinda low tech guy. Last week i chased a mamoth off a cliff with a spear and torch. Hahaha

The past is the past... what can you do now? Not in someone else's kayak, in your own. I'm sure I was faster at 45 than 65, and I know plenty of kayaks that I could go faster in than my own, not to mention by getting a bigger bladed paddle. roflmao How old are you anyway? Last time I saw you, you looked like a kid. roflmao Do you like picking on old folks? roflmao

Re: How fast could you make a kayak go - 07/09/20 10:02 PM

PS... what is " way faster" ?.. since you didn't have a gps, how can you tell? By the wind blowing through your hair? roflmao

Re: How fast could you make a kayak go - 07/09/20 11:24 PM

Yes. Exactlly! My beard measures the velocity calculayes in the coreolis effect. Hahahaha. Aaaaand, my own are viking 440 and stealth fisha 500. Yes i do swing a shovel but as my elbows and shoulders age im probably going to do some experimenting.

Re: How fast could you make a kayak go - 07/10/20 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by Davedave

Having a few technical difficulties. Hope to get them worked out by the weekend.

Re: How fast could you make a kayak go - 07/10/20 07:24 AM

Having a few technical difficulties. Hope to get them worked out by the weekend.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: gander

Re: How fast could you make a kayak go - 07/11/20 04:58 PM

[Linked Image]

roflmao
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum