Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Fork?

Posted By: Brandon82

Lake Fork? - 06/10/20 01:05 AM

Where are some places to launch kayaks on Fork? There doesnt seem to be many public ramps? Thanks in advance.
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Lake Fork? - 06/10/20 01:26 AM

https://tpwd.texas.gov/fishboat/fish/recreational/lakes/fork/access.phtml
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Lake Fork? - 06/10/20 01:35 AM

Lots of great places... roflmao You'll never get around to all of them.

If I were new to Fork, I'd start out at Hideaway Harbor on Little Caney. Its got everything.... shallow, deep water, grass, timber, gators, deer, hogs, and bass. It has a tent camping area as well. One of the better places I've found for schooling bass and one of the most scene areas of the lake to me. $5 launch fee but well worth it in my opinion. Once you learn more about the area you'll be able to hide out from any strong winds.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Lake Fork? - 06/10/20 03:02 AM

Thanks guys
Posted By: shimanodude

Re: Lake Fork? - 06/10/20 06:28 AM

Did you take those pictures? I had no idea Fork had gators! There have been rumors of some north Texas area lakes possibly having gators but can’t say I’ve seen any personally. Is there an actual thriving population of them in Fork?

Re: Lake Fork? - 06/10/20 08:11 PM

gators are in almost every lake in Texas. Fork has had bunches since it opened. pretty common to see them there.

Re: Lake Fork? - 06/10/20 08:12 PM

even bell helicopter in hurst has had some bigguns in the river overflow ditches.
Posted By: shimanodude

Re: Lake Fork? - 06/11/20 03:51 AM

Wow, I never knew that! That’s crazy. Makes me never want to go swimming in the lakes around here again.

Re: Lake Fork? - 06/11/20 02:09 PM

One summer there was a spot on Hubbard people would feed them.
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Lake Fork? - 06/14/20 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by J. R.
Did you take those pictures? I had no idea Fork had gators! There have been rumors of some north Texas area lakes possibly having gators but can’t say I’ve seen any personally. Is there an actual thriving population of them in Fork?

Yes and I was back there a week or so ago and raced a gator... I won. roflmao I'd read where they can swim 20 mph but have never seen one come close to any speed I couldn't out run. Saw the one swimming last week at a pretty good clip and chased it down from 100 yards behind it. It kept going faster as I pulled up beside it and when it stopped (guess it was tired or wanted to see what was going so fast) I put phone away and got back on the paddle.

Raced the one below in the Everglades last year.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Flippin-Out

Re: Lake Fork? - 06/14/20 06:13 PM

Gators really are good at fast bursts of speed - for catching prey. I'm not sure of their speed in water, but they can OUTRUN & CATCH most dogs on land in a short burst when they have dinner on their mind. Think about that one for a minute. They're lazy, wanting to conserve energy, so they only do it when they have a reason. I lived in south FL for 20 years, so I'm accustomed to them, not afraid but definitely respectful of their power.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum