Texas Fishing Forum

It’s been a long time

Posted By: Jchssm47

It’s been a long time - 05/29/20 02:48 AM

I haven’t been on a kayak in years. I talked my girlfriends son into fishing on a kayak. After weeks of looking for me a kayak I had to settle with what I could get, and picked him up a starter. Hopefully we can hit the water Sunday morning!

Attached picture 127FCFE1-4E8C-4FC5-8961-085C6C7FB93B.jpeg
Posted By: psalty

Re: It’s been a long time - 05/29/20 03:12 AM

Enjoy but remember safety while having fun. Practice and experience= many great futures.

Re: It’s been a long time - 05/29/20 04:56 AM

Absolutely we already got him a whistle, life jacket and he won’t leave my side. I am thinking about Britton park at joe pool almost no boats, I think it’s the most shallow part of the lake. I don’t know what he was more excited about the kayak or getting his own fishing pole. I figured we would just cruise around the shorelines more than fish for a while.
Posted By: lconn4

Re: It’s been a long time - 06/01/20 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Jchssm47
I haven’t been on a kayak in years. I talked my girlfriends son into fishing on a kayak. After weeks of looking for me a kayak I had to settle with what I could get, and picked him up a starter. Hopefully we can hit the water Sunday morning!

Those will definitely work.. cheers How did it go?
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: It’s been a long time - 06/02/20 04:26 AM

Nice rigs. thumb

Re: It’s been a long time - 06/04/20 04:58 AM

He did good, we really didn’t fish. I just spent the time making sure he was ok. He just needs to practice on keeping the boat straight. He has a strong pull to one side compared to the other and it kept him going sideways. We are going to give it another shot this Sunday if it’s not windy.
Posted By: Dougfresh

Re: It’s been a long time - 06/04/20 05:27 AM

Rig yourselves up some anchors. If it gets windy you can anchor up and fish.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum