Texas Fishing Forum

Hello All! New To Forum

Posted By: bosquecountykid

Hello All! New To Forum - 05/05/20 01:15 AM

I purchased some property last September on which I can walk about 500ft to a really nice, private fishing area with boat ramp. It is private, more or less due to area has a homeowners association. I wasn't even aware of the ramp or nicely maintained fishing spot until about 3 months after we bought the weekend getaway lots. My wife and I love to fish & this spot is great. Anyways, after fishing there a few times I always noticed kayakers either cruising by (always fishing) or getting in the water from the ramp and quickly knew I had to have one. I did a lot of research online and a few questions would be answered by popping up from this forum. I made a purchase & love it, I finally realized I need to join this forum if I have a question or need, advice, tips etc.
My favorite hobby, and still is, is Metal Detecting. I started in 1970 at 10yrs old and haven't quite since. Heck, even my 31+ year career at the City of Fort Worth Water Dept. involved metal detecting nearly every day. If anyone here on this forum has a question about detecting, I might be able to help without singing into a metal detecting forum.
With all this being said I am a newbie within the world of Kayaks and accessories and will have questions...I hope not too many.

Thanks!
bosquecountykid
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Hello All! New To Forum - 05/05/20 03:41 AM

welcome To the TFF!
Posted By: Mike@972

Re: Hello All! New To Forum - 05/05/20 04:51 AM

Welcome aboard!
Posted By: spinnerbait72

Re: Hello All! New To Forum - 05/05/20 04:58 AM

welcome
Posted By: psalty

Re: Hello All! New To Forum - 05/05/20 05:19 AM

Ahoy mate and with this great group they may answer even before you ask. Keep abreast all of their pics and vids.
welcome
Posted By: Larry Mosby

Re: Hello All! New To Forum - 05/05/20 08:00 AM

welcome Glad to have you aboard and enjoy your kayak.
Posted By: Jerry713

Re: Hello All! New To Forum - 05/07/20 11:43 AM

Welcome to the board!
Posted By: Schpanky

Re: Hello All! New To Forum - 05/07/20 01:31 PM

welcome
Posted By: janie

Re: Hello All! New To Forum - 05/07/20 02:00 PM

Welcome to a fun addiction. It is a blast. What kinda yak did y'all get?
Posted By: Nekro

Re: Hello All! New To Forum - 05/07/20 04:36 PM

welcome
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Hello All! New To Forum - 05/07/20 08:31 PM

Kayaks are kind of like tater chips.
You get one and then another, another, and another, etc.....You get the idea! welcome
Posted By: Lmgreeri

Re: Hello All! New To Forum - 05/07/20 11:00 PM

Welcome to the board and welcome to the kayak addiction. I started with a simple 2 man Pelican which I bought thinking I would do some fishing from but mainly use it for yaking out shark baits from the Port Aransas North Jetty. It now does way more bass fishing. Caught my PB 12-3 bass from it. I got a 2nd Pelican that I won in a contest and a 3rd that my son uses for river fishing. I got so hooked on kayak fishing that I recently put my 28' offshore boat up for sale and in fact just sold it earlier today. Gonna be going out and ordering 2 Hobie PA14's and deck them out (because anything worth doing is worth overdoing right?). I won't miss owning a power boat.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Hello All! New To Forum - 05/08/20 01:58 AM

thumb
Posted By: H2O Seeker

Re: Hello All! New To Forum - 05/08/20 02:42 AM

fish Welcome to TFF!
Posted By: christian myrick

Re: Hello All! New To Forum - 05/08/20 09:34 AM

Welcome. Its a great sport. I imagine there are a ton of things to find along the rivers, creeks and lakes. Heck, i know ive lost several rods etc. Lol
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Hello All! New To Forum - 05/12/20 09:07 PM

welcome
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum