Texas Fishing Forum

Solo trip today

Posted By: christian myrick

Solo trip today - 03/28/20 11:16 PM

With all the stores being tore appart and not having what i need i went on a meat haul at the lake. Put in on ray rob at 8 and fished till about 4. Ended the day with 21 fish caught and 8 to bring home for the freezer. Got 1 that was a solid 25 lbs and 3 that were in the 15lb range. The rest were smaller. Got home and started cleaning them up for dinner tonight and remembered why i dont keep fish, cleaning them, bagging them etc is a pain. From now on camping only. Never bringing fish home anymore.
Posted By: Carver

Re: Solo trip today - 03/30/20 12:43 AM

Good trip Christian !

At least you got up and went. sounds like a pretty fun trip until the cleaning. I really like eating catfish but usually clean a few about evry 5 years or so. I guess that is how long it takes me to forget how much I dislike cleaning them. Crappie have become the only thing I keep regularly but even then I never keep more than a few meals worth.

I am heading to Texoma to hide from the virus for a bit and suspect I will clean a striper or two almost daily since my last trip up was to clean out a freezer that died.

Stay safe and keep catching. Phill.
Posted By: Jerry713

Re: Solo trip today - 03/30/20 11:19 AM

That's a great trip. I hear ya cleaning them and bagging them is a chore and takes a lot of time especially if you vacuum seal. BUT they sure do taste good.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum