Texas Fishing Forum

HUK/B.A.S.S. NATION KAYAK SERIES

Posted By: lconn4

HUK/B.A.S.S. NATION KAYAK SERIES - 03/12/20 05:39 PM

Leaving for Fork soon... anyone fishing it?

https://results.tourneyx.com/standings/6823
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: HUK/B.A.S.S. NATION KAYAK SERIES - 03/13/20 02:21 AM

Best wishes brother! cheers

Re: HUK/B.A.S.S. NATION KAYAK SERIES - 03/15/20 05:49 AM

Not the results I was hoping for but I had a great time on the water. Got a little chilly last night and the area I had been catching the last two times scouting just weren't cooperating. Lost two good ones early on swimbait, one of them looked to be in the 6 to 7 pound range. Hooked it on a rod I had rigged with 12 lbs test and couldn't stop it before it wrapped me up in the brush. Watched in horror as it pullled loose before I could paddle over to it. Had plenty of bites to have gotten a limit, just didn't get it done. Didn't have internet connection where I fished and since I didn't have a five fish limit I wasn't going to stop fishing to find one. Oh well.

For any of you kayakers that want an out of the crowd place to fish, on Fork, this is it. Map below is off the hwy 19 bridge. There is a small area (south east side of bridge) where the locals launch that is legal. Its not a ramp, just a place that folks have been backing down into the water. Have seen a few with trailers launching there but it was only with john boats and kayaks. Not sure what the name of the lake is that I fished, but I call it the boneyard, it is about half a mile long but plenty of grass and before today, a third of it was crystal clear. Last nights rains changed it but it should clear right back up. Not a paddle you would want to do in the dark. Its best if you lay your rods down coming and going as there are some low hanging branches along the way. Caught drum and several white bass too. I didn't see anyone in there, kayak or boat, the three times I've been there in the last week.

At the bottom of map above Google.
https://goo.gl/maps/wzzhYqXF7gKKQWf89

[Linked Image]
Lots of beautiful landscape in this area of the lake.

[Linked Image]
And this is why I call it the boneyard. From a distance I thought I'd found a sasquatch. roflmao

[Linked Image]
One of three from Saturday. Just under 21

[Linked Image]
Caught 7 on Friday and about the same last weekend. This one was 20.5

Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: HUK/B.A.S.S. NATION KAYAK SERIES - 03/15/20 08:48 PM

Nice pics!

I was hoping to see your name up at the top of the leader board. cheers

Re: HUK/B.A.S.S. NATION KAYAK SERIES - 03/16/20 02:45 PM

Thanks BigD! roflmao

One of these days I'll knock it out of the park on Fork, on tournament day. roflmao And you can bet your bottom dollar I'll have been using a Fringe Tackle swimbait, a Stanley spinnerbait, or a Joe Spaits flutter spoon. I'm just now learning how to fish the Spaits grass spoons.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum