Texas Fishing Forum

***Lake Whitney Kayak Fishing Report***

Posted By: Craig Teal

***Lake Whitney Kayak Fishing Report*** - 02/03/20 07:30 PM

I put the Hobie PA 14 in at Kimball Bend Park. Its a easy launch. The shad are up in the river thick. Fished down to the mouth of Nolan River and back. I ended up with 7 very large Sand Bass and one 23 1/2 Striper. The Sand Bass were caught on pearl cocahoe soft plastics and the striper was caught on a silver and blue rattle trap. I would think the fishing will explode soon in that part of the lake/ river. Beautiful place to fish and be in the kayak!
Posted By: iluvfishin

Re: ***Lake Whitney Kayak Fishing Report*** - 02/04/20 03:17 PM

They’re still scattered not quite bunched up yet.I know this cold front will get them going for sure
Posted By: Stratos Guy

Re: ***Lake Whitney Kayak Fishing Report*** - 02/04/20 03:36 PM

I was there in a boat. We caught a few. But no big schools yet. I hope next weekend they will be stacked up.
Posted By: IslandJim

Re: ***Lake Whitney Kayak Fishing Report*** - 02/07/20 09:26 PM

About six years ago, I drove up to the Kimball Bend Park entrance, with my kayak on my truck, and told the gatekeeper I didn't want to camp, just to look at the boat ramp. She laughed and said the ramp hadn't been usable in four years! On the way back across the bridge, I saw the ramp, probably 100 yards from the water! I assume the water's back up considerably. The end of the ramp in Nolan River Park was about twenty feet from the water then. Catch 'em up! Islandjim
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum