Texas Fishing Forum

Question about Texoma and licensee

Posted By: Ryno

Question about Texoma and licensee - 01/31/20 05:33 PM

The boy and I are heading there this weekend. He's 15. I have a Texoma license but does he need one?
Posted By: JJ4MEL

Re: Question about Texoma and licensee - 01/31/20 07:29 PM

Non-Residents 17 or older, including over 65 from all other States must buy fishing licenses to fish in Texas. The cheapest option for this group on Texoma is to buy the $12.00 Lake Texoma License. Both States have a reciprocal agreement. A person from Oklahoma can fish in Texas without a license upon reaching age 65.
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Question about Texoma and licensee - 02/01/20 12:21 AM

I don't think so but its kinda weird how they word it.

Everyone fishing in the boat age 16 and over will need a license, unless they fall into one of the exceptions below.

Children under 14 do not need a license.

Children under 16 who live in the following states do not need a license: AL, AK, AR, CA, CT, DE, GA, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MD, MI, NH, NY, NC, ND, OH, OK, TX, or WI

https://texomajon.com/lake-texoma-fishing-license/
Posted By: H2O Seeker

Re: Question about Texoma and licensee - 02/01/20 03:53 PM

Straight from the 2020 TPWD Outdoor annual:

Are Texas residents 65 years of age and older required to purchase a fishing license?
Yes, Texas residents 65 years of age and older are required to purchase a fishing license. However, Texas residents born before January 1, 1931 are exempt from the fishing license requirement. Below are the options available:

Fishing License Only:
Resident Senior Freshwater Fishing: $12 Resident Senior Saltwater Fishing: $17 Resident Senior All-Water Fishing: $22
Combination Packages Available:
Senior Resident Combination Hunting and Freshwater Fishing: $16 Senior Resident Combination Hunting and Saltwater Fishing: $21 Senior Resident Combination Hunting and All-water Fishing: $26 Senior Resident Super Combination License (includes all state stamps except the Reptile and Amphibian Stamp): $32

Is a fishing license required for youth?
Resident and non-resident youth under the age of 17 do not need a fishing license. However, if they wish to retain a red drum over the maximum length, they can purchase an Exempt Angler Tag for $3.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum