Texas Fishing Forum

Kayak Fishing Podcast...

Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Kayak Fishing Podcast... - 11/05/19 03:17 PM

I stumbled on one yesterday. "Kayak Fishing with Jim Sammons".

From the sounds of it he does a live broadcast on FaceBook but you can also get it on Podcast.

I listened to two episodes and both were pretty good. One he had a guy from Ray Marine on talking about their new units and sharing some tips and tricks on fish finders. The other he had the founder? from Yak Attack on. He talked about the history of the company, some of the new products and what their plans are for the future.

YES its guys shilling their products but there is lots of good info still otherwise.

Are there any kayak fishing podcasts you like?
Posted By: christian myrick

Re: Kayak Fishing Podcast... - 11/05/19 03:54 PM

I also have seen that on yotube a few times. I guess i dont understand the problem with anyone making money in kayak fishing...its always confused me. People work, put a ton of effort and time into doing something in kayak fishing and people complain about it. Strange.

Re: Kayak Fishing Podcast... - 11/05/19 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by christian myrick
I also have seen that on yotube a few times. I guess i dont understand the problem with anyone making money in kayak fishing...its always confused me. People work, put a ton of effort and time into doing something in kayak fishing and people complain about it. Strange.

Who is complaining about it? I missed that part mate.
Posted By: YakfishinTx81

Re: Kayak Fishing Podcast... - 11/05/19 07:39 PM

I listen to Kayak bass nation, Hooked on Wild Waters , & One Objective Bass fishing kayak podcasts. They each have their moments of good content & guest that interest me from time to time. I think Drew Gregory is probably the most informative for me, I like the Bryan Thrift & Matt Arrey pod - Lets Talk Fish the most, not kayaking related but so much good fishing info from two of the best to do it. cheers
Posted By: Jerry713

Re: Kayak Fishing Podcast... - 11/05/19 08:01 PM

Yeah I've listened to Jim. He's done a lot of offshore kayak fishing living on the west coast. Really knowledgeable guy!
Posted By: christian myrick

Re: Kayak Fishing Podcast... - 11/05/19 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Dan90210 ☮

Oops. Quick re read...i misunderstood. Sorry.
Posted By: benhood

Re: Kayak Fishing Podcast... - 11/05/19 09:49 PM

I listen to all those you guys have listed. Never really used my Podcast app on my iphone til a link came up on somewhere else earlier this year (facebook) and then discovered all those shows. Some are pretty good. Always tune them in on fishing road trips (or any long vehicle trip for that matter). Between those and Bryan Hughes Texas Fishing and Outdoors on Sat morn at 5:00 a.m. can pick up some pretty good info even if some are more regional. Heard Greg Blanchard interview on one of them from earlier this year (think that was KBN podcast). Have learned quite a bit from listening to those.

Re: Kayak Fishing Podcast... - 11/06/19 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Dan90210 ☮

Oops. Quick re read...i misunderstood. Sorry.

No worries!

I was going to say I am all for guys making some money in the sport. I just do it as a hobby but those guys like at Yak Attack for example, I am happy they are making money! Was a good interview. Learned a lot of Yak Attack I had no idea of...like they are 100% made in the USA and are staunch about that. They also design and build all their own tooling in house and employ a lot of people in good paying jobs.

I used to think they were a rip off now I see the value in their products much more so.

Good podcast! I am going to listen to more... I wish he would shut his dog up from barking in the back though lol. The production quality is amateur at best lol
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum