Texas Fishing Forum

Fishing spot off Lake Lewisville

Posted By: Mofishin1990

Fishing spot off Lake Lewisville - 10/17/19 09:39 PM

I've fished this spot once before and didn't get any bites. That's not unusual. I have seen other kayaks out there before though. Has anybody fished this spot with any luck? It's right off Lake Lewisville so I assume at one time it had to have been connected.

Attached picture Capture pond.PNG
Posted By: christian myrick

Re: Fishing spot off Lake Lewisville - 10/17/19 11:06 PM

It still is connected. There is drainage tubes under the road. Never fished there. Accross 35 i have caught quite a few hybread

Re: Fishing spot off Lake Lewisville - 10/18/19 01:39 PM

If it's connected I'm sure there has to be bass in there. I did see carp and gar there last time I went but no bass.

Re: Fishing spot off Lake Lewisville - 10/21/19 07:14 PM

Update.

It has bass in it. Caught 4 in about 3-4 hours. Biggest was about 1-1.5 maybe. Hooked on to one that was actually decent. It had to have been at least 3 but he spit the hook. It's pretty shallow in most spots. A big stretch of it was 2 foot deep max.
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: Fishing spot off Lake Lewisville - 10/22/19 01:20 PM

Fished it many many times. We call it "Bogarts" as an old timer to the area told me thats what its called. There is a street that runs near the south side of the pond with the same name so it makes sense.

Before they expanded the freeway, built a foot bridge and lowered the pond 4 feet it was good. Very good at times. A friend of mine caught a DD there. BUT after all the work they did its been poor at best. I do not go there anymore opting instead to fish Lewisville proper.

It has everything in it Lewisville has as far as fish species. I have caught one of everything there pretty much.
Posted By: JJ4MEL

Re: Fishing spot off Lake Lewisville - 10/22/19 04:06 PM

Carp and buff fishing is exceptional back there.
Posted By: annihilator_4

Re: Fishing spot off Lake Lewisville - 10/23/19 04:48 AM

Hit that bridge underpass many times with little to no luck. I've seen plenty of pictures of catches on Fishdy & Fishbrain, but I can't seem to ever have any luck.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum