Texas Fishing Forum

Academy Good Deals

Posted By: PowerLizard

Academy Good Deals - 10/11/19 07:34 PM

I couldn't find the old Good Deals thread so I am starting a new one for just Academy as they frequently put stuff on sale without putting a sign or notice on it.

Pflueger President Spinning reel models 30 & 40 on sale for $24.95 down from $60.
They no longer show up on their website but that is how they ring up at the register. The Flower Mound Academy still has (1) 40 and (2) 30s in stock. They also have the 20 model but its not on sale.
Posted By: Crappie Husband

Re: Academy Good Deals - 10/12/19 02:04 AM

Dang, I just bought two 30s on Amazon for $44 and thought I was getting the best deal ever.
Posted By: IslandJim

Re: Academy Good Deals - 10/12/19 11:31 PM

Down here on the Texas Coast, we don't have an Off-Season for fishing, and the Wal-Marts, Academys and other stores don't seem to ever have Clearance Blowouts like that. If we see something really cheap, it's because it's something nobody wants. Oh, well. IslandJim
Posted By: JJ4MEL

Re: Academy Good Deals - 10/14/19 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by IslandJim
Down here on the Texas Coast, we don't have an Off-Season for fishing, and the Wal-Marts, Academys and other stores don't seem to ever have Clearance Blowouts like that. If we see something really cheap, it's because it's something nobody wants. Oh, well. IslandJim

Best deals I ever got were on Calcuttas from the local Corpus and Aransas Pass pawn shops. Bought 5 for less than $200. Used them for about 4 years and still sold them for a profit.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum