Texas Fishing Forum

FLIR/RayMarine Customer service

Posted By: hadite81

FLIR/RayMarine Customer service - 09/26/19 09:22 PM

I had purchased a Dragonfly Pro 7 for the Jackson Big Rig kayak and it has a long, thin tranducer.
Jackson had desinged the scupper hole to accept the older version that came with the Dragonfly 7 (non pro)
I reached out to FLIR/RayMarine, spoke to a gentlemn named Brian and they are sending me a new transducer to fit the kayak and adapter cable for the unit, free of charge.

sometimes my faith in humanity has a small glimmer of hope!!!
Posted By: christian myrick

Re: FLIR/RayMarine Customer service - 09/27/19 10:27 AM

There are several companys that have great customer service. Yak gear and railblaza, bill bragman, i have personally witnesed him offer and install another companys anchor trolley on someones kayak free of charge just to help them out. Another is yak attack, atleast years ago not sure about today. I dont personally use yak attacks products but good business is good business none the less and deserves to be recognised. There are still some good people left in the world it just seems you have to look in the fishing/kayaking groups to find them.
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: FLIR/RayMarine Customer service - 09/27/19 12:06 PM

The new transducer is longer and thinner than the old one? My god I love the Raymarines, but those transducers are a bear to mount. No one makes anything stock for them to fit. Not even close.
Posted By: hadite81

Re: FLIR/RayMarine Customer service - 10/02/19 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by christian myrick
There are several companys that have great customer service. Yak gear and railblaza, bill bragman, i have personally witnesed him offer and install another companys anchor trolley on someones kayak free of charge just to help them out. Another is yak attack, atleast years ago not sure about today. I dont personally use yak attacks products but good business is good business none the less and deserves to be recognised. There are still some good people left in the world it just seems you have to look in the fishing/kayaking groups to find them.

Agreed, I have also had dealings with Railblaza (C-tug cart) for replacement parts. Great company!
Posted By: Jerry713

Re: FLIR/RayMarine Customer service - 10/02/19 04:59 PM

Good info to know. Based on my experience unfortunately Lowrance doesn't fall in this category IMO. When I do get a new unit I'll certainly keep Raymarine in mind. CS goes along way with me.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum