Texas Fishing Forum

Man's Body Found in Kemah Water's

Posted By: V-Bottom

Man's Body Found in Kemah Water's - 09/05/19 07:01 PM

Robert "Todd" Riddle's (57) body was recovered today from the waters near Kemah. A Kemah Boardwalk worker jumped into the water to help a distressed kayaker yesterday and lost his life. No name mentioned of the yaker which was rescued by another person. No mention of the yaker wearing a PFD. The waters were rather rough and a witness commented that the yaker shouldn't have been out in the rough waters to begin with. angel
Posted By: Sgrem

Re: Yaker's Body Found - 09/05/19 07:09 PM

Title is misleading.
Boardwalk worker jumped in to help the yaker in distress. Yaker made it to the side and was helped out of the water. Senseless loss of a good citizen trying to help. Boardwalk worker that jumped in to help drowned.
Posted By: V-Bottom

Re: Yaker's Body Found - 09/05/19 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Sgrem
Title is misleading.
Boardwalk worker jumped in to help the yaker in distress. Yaker made it to the side and was helped out of the water. Senseless loss of a good citizen trying to help. Boardwalk worker that jumped in to help drowned.

Glad I'm no Journalist ! Thanx for the head's up...
Posted By: Sgrem

Re: Yaker's Body Found - 09/05/19 10:07 PM

Really a waste as the yaker shouldnt have been there and didnt have a PFD. Selfishness brpught death to a selfless person.

Very sad.
Posted By: christian myrick

Re: Yaker's Body Found - 09/06/19 12:10 AM

It's hard for me to accept someone saying the yaker shouldn't have been out in water like that. I have been out in very rough water in both kayak and canoe. It's sad no doubt the loss of the good samaritans life but that said, I have been preached to my whole life don't jump in after a person in distress in the water. Always look for something to toss to the person in distress. The whole situation is sad but truth is hard to swallow some times.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Yaker's Body Found - 09/06/19 03:14 AM

Prayers sent to family and friends of the victim. The Lord Jesus Christ has control! angel2
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Yaker's Body Found - 09/10/19 02:19 PM

You don't need to know an address or the name of the funeral home to pray for them but you really should believe that there is a God and he answers prayers. I do.
Posted By: TreeBass

Re: Yaker's Body Found - 09/10/19 03:34 PM

rolleyes
Posted By: Jerry713

Re: Yaker's Body Found - 09/11/19 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by christian myrick
It's hard for me to accept someone saying the yaker shouldn't have been out in water like that. I have been out in very rough water in both kayak and canoe. It's sad no doubt the loss of the good samaritans life but that said, I have been preached to my whole life don't jump in after a person in distress in the water. Always look for something to toss to the person in distress. The whole situation is sad but truth is hard to swallow some times.

Agree! It's all about education and being prepared to handle situations of distress. Once panic sets in it can turn bad quickly.

Kemah boardwalk should at least have some emergency life rings hanging from the rail around the waters edge.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum