Texas Fishing Forum

Fastest paddler

Posted By: christian myrick

Fastest paddler - 06/16/19 02:22 PM

So im not on facebook anymore. My bro doug said someone made a post on there that he was the fastest paddler and nobody could keep up with him. Has anyone else seen this post? Im curious who that is. Id also like to accept his challenge. Im pretty confidant in my paddle swing and think i can take him. Any in site on this post or person would be appreciated.
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Fastest paddler - 06/16/19 02:58 PM

I'm not a big fan of speed of a kayak since after all it's a kayak, so even several minutes isn't going to be all that important, and it's mainly for bragging rights, and getting from point a to point b before another kayaker.
One person who if I had to bet and put my money on as the fastest, would be Professor Salt of youtube channel fame. Mr. Madden is a paddling machine, and if he lacks anything in speed he would make up for in endurance.

Re: Fastest paddler - 06/16/19 03:06 PM

I paddle with him every time we get to the coast. He is a solid paddler but not much for speed,,,other than his new yak. He had a neck injury before and paddles like he does because it helps him feel good. His partner todd is also a serious paddler.
Posted By: Jerry713

Re: Fastest paddler - 06/16/19 05:08 PM

Christian I've heard Prof. Salt mention you in one of his videos fishing I believe off of PINS.

Re: Fastest paddler - 06/16/19 06:50 PM

You may have sir. I tend to stay away from any cameras or pics. Amandas first time paddling in the gulf was with prof salt. She ended up catching a hammerhead over 8 ft that towed both of our yaks 5.5 miles with my anchor down.

Re: Fastest paddler - 06/16/19 08:27 PM

Here's the video I was talking about.

https://youtu.be/Sh69jvp3pQI

Re: Fastest paddler - 06/16/19 09:08 PM

We were both with santa cruz kayaks then we both went to viking, now we both have stealths. All coincidence but funny

Re: Fastest paddler - 06/16/19 09:14 PM

That Stealth he has now is a looong kayak. It looks fast especially when he's surf landing.
Posted By: Neumie

Re: Fastest paddler - 06/16/19 10:57 PM

Doing a quick search on the TKF and DFWKF didn't produce anything. Hector Rios used to make those statements years ago.

There was a thread back in October asking what the fastest kayak was and the Ocean/ex-Ocean guys were talking up the Scupper Pro, but that's about as close to talking racing as I found recently.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum