Texas Fishing Forum

Guadalupe River in New Braunfels

Posted By: bigbass87

Guadalupe River in New Braunfels - 04/30/19 07:25 PM

I’m taking a trip to a place on the Guadalupe in New Braunfels in early June. We will be a couple miles below the canyon lake dam. Anyone ever fished that area? I’ve never been there, so im just wondering if I should even bother bringing fishing gear. Targeting bass. Thanks for any help.
Posted By: JohnF67

Re: Guadalupe River in New Braunfels - 04/30/19 09:03 PM

I've never fished it for bass, but I've been told it has Guadalupe/Small Mouth bass. I have fished it for trout and caught quite a few on Mepps and Rooster Tails. The water stays cold enough year round in that section that the stocked trout don't die in the summer, so there are some big trout there.
Posted By: Bass fro chop

Re: Guadalupe River in New Braunfels - 05/01/19 02:29 AM

That's prime trout fishing water. Around Rio raft. Will be alot of people floating the river in tubes
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Guadalupe River in New Braunfels - 05/01/19 11:30 AM

Launch under the I35 bridge (free launch) which is actually lake Dunlap. You can paddle upstream and avoid boat traffic or go downstream toward the main lake.
Cypress Bend Park is located inside New Braunfels on the Guadelupe and you can fish were the Comal and Guad come together. Go early and late to beat the tubers and power boats.
Take your fishing gear!

Re: Guadalupe River in New Braunfels - 05/01/19 03:35 PM

Definitely planning on fishing it EARLY as possible. Thanks for the replies. I have never caught a trout before, may have to try that too.
Posted By: Neumie

Re: Guadalupe River in New Braunfels - 05/01/19 04:48 PM

Get some Worden inline spinners in white, fire tiger, and yellow and you'll catch rainbows, bass, and sunfish all morning, small worms in watermelon/red and purple (hooks, bullet weights, too), crazy leg chigger craws, small white spinnerbait or chatterbait, bone topwater, small crankbait (like a bitsy minnow or 1.0 KVD silent square bill). Should be able to catch fish all day, well at least until the tubers show up.

Re: Guadalupe River in New Braunfels - 05/02/19 03:24 PM

Thanks for the info! Looking forward to the trip.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum