Texas Fishing Forum

Jackson Big Rig or Nucanoe Fronteir

Posted By: FishamanSquatch

Jackson Big Rig or Nucanoe Fronteir - 07/30/18 12:04 PM

Trying to decide which to buy. I am a big Guy so needing a big guy option. I have had 3 kayaks in the past but always sell due to not really supporting me well. I have been drawn towards the bigrig for years. I have not been able to paddle either one yet. Any input you guys may have on the two would be great. If by chance anyone around fort worth area would happen to have one of these two kayaks available for me to come try out for a few minutes I would be forever grateful.
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: Jackson Big Rig or Nucanoe Fronteir - 07/30/18 01:06 PM

Very different boats.

The Jackson is a kayak, the Nucanoe is more a Canoe. Paddling it is very difficult at best, you will most likely need a trolling motor on it.

The Big Rig, although not fast, is for paddling. The Frontier not so much.

Both are good, but they are very different.
Posted By: Tommar

Re: Jackson Big Rig or Nucanoe Fronteir - 07/31/18 03:09 AM

I have the Frontier and love it except in the wind. It’s not a speed demon to paddle but the stability is hard to beat.

The track system allows limitless arrangements for seats, rod holders, etc. It's rated over 600 pounds so two can go.

The seats I have swivel 360 degrees so I can reach behind me or turn around and face the back to fish if I want.

Send a PM if you’d like to know more.

Oh, I forgot. It’s very easy to put a trolling motor on the flat transom and it’s the only kayak I know of rated for a 2.5 outboard motor!

There’s lots of videos on YouTube you can check out. Just search Nucanoe.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum