Texas Fishing Forum

Bastrop Lake

Posted By: doctorliver

Bastrop Lake - 07/21/18 03:48 PM

Taking advantage of my free time, I loaded up the RV and kayak and headed to Lake Bastrop North Shore Park. I'm quite familiar with the lake, and was hoping to land some nice size LMB. Unfortunately, the lake had other plans for me and my fishing gear. I set off early in the morning loaded up and ready for some top water action. The bite was slow, but I did have two good hook ups. Sadly I couldn't manage to land either fish. While casting, I lost my grip on my favorite rod, and it went flying into the water.....UGH!!! Then a swarm of bee's surrounded my kayak.....and then the wind picked up something fierce. Something told me that it was time to call it a day and head back to the land to go find myself a nice diner in Bastrop for breakfast. Highly recommend Maxine's Diner for breakfast in Bastrop! I was quite upset about the loss of the rod/reel, that after breakfast, I made the decision to buy a set of googles at Academy. I was determined to find my rig in the warm clear water. I let the food settle at camp, hopped onto the kayak and paddled my way close to the location where I lost my rod. The water was about 6-7 feet deep, so I was hopeful. After an hour of searching, I was about to give up. I made one last attempt, and there it was!!!!!!! I went out again that evening and couldn't land a bass if I tried. The wind was howling, and things were just not going my way, so I called it a day and ended my fishing trip. Regardless of all the troubles, it was still a great trip, and I enjoyed the outdoors.

Posted By: Topwater2

Re: Bastrop Lake - 07/21/18 08:01 PM

Nice!! I need to get up there.
Posted By: Sitex

Re: Bastrop Lake - 07/24/18 02:46 AM

"A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work!"

~ Said every fisherman ever
Posted By: Nekro

Re: Bastrop Lake - 07/25/18 06:02 PM

Awesome pictures, glad you got your rod back.
Posted By: Linecaster

Re: Bastrop Lake - 07/26/18 04:24 AM

Those pictures are worth the effort, very nice.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum