Texas Fishing Forum

Inks lake

Posted By: burton1795

Inks lake - 06/21/18 07:07 PM

Headed to inks lake next week for a couple of nights with wife's family. Will probably take kayaks. All I know about inks is what's online. Any direction would be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: Darkarcher159

Re: Inks lake - 06/22/18 09:20 AM

Used to fish there all the time when we would go camping. One of my favorite lakes!!! Water is pretty clear so you will need to use some light mono or floro. Lots of largemouth and white bass to catch. Might get lucky and find a striper. Lots of boat docks to fish on the west side of the lake for largemouth. On the southern end of the park there is long shallow point that goes from the park west into the lake. Have caught lots of whites around this point and found them chasing shad there in the mornings sometimes. Chrome/blue rattle trap works well when they are chasing shad. The arm of the lake where Hylton Branch creek comes in has lots of timber and usually holds lots of bass.

Re: Inks lake - 06/22/18 08:18 PM

Thanks for the info!
Posted By: JJ4MEL

Re: Inks lake - 06/22/18 08:27 PM

Whites are the easiest to find on the lake. As mentioned above, the LMB are tough. The boat docks are going to be your best bet.

If you stay at the state park, take a dough mixture of Wheaties and big red with a small hook. I have caught some of my biggest carp off that park pier.

Re: Inks lake - 06/23/18 12:35 AM

We are staying at the state park.
Posted By: Brad R

Re: Inks lake - 06/24/18 11:04 PM

Wow! We were down in Marble Falls Friday and Saturday for a wedding. That whole area, the Hill Country in Texas is so beautiful, the lakes/rivers so nice.

I wouldn't care what I caught, LMBs or white bass, if I were fishing there. I'll have to go back with a kayak next time!

Give us a fishing report, details too, after you get back!

Brad

Re: Inks lake - 06/25/18 10:58 PM

Will do

Re: Inks lake - 06/29/18 09:34 PM

Tough fishing. Fished docks, points, and lots of places in between. Zero fish caught. The only fish i even saw caught was a 5 year old we took who caught a drum on a worm.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum