Texas Fishing Forum

Found the white bass on Hubbard Creek

Posted By: Bluecatkayak

Found the white bass on Hubbard Creek - 05/29/18 09:41 PM

I made it out to Hubbard Creek this weekend with the intent to try and catch some catfish, but I took a load of rods with me just in case I couldn't find the cats... which I didn' bother to look for after finding a giant school of whites on my way to the 2nd spot I was going to anchor up on to try for blue cats.

I was trolling a crankbait on my way to a point, when I hooked into not one, but TWO white bass. So I had to make sure there wasnt a school of white bass where I trolled through. So I threw my crankbait in the same direction, and hooked up again. So I started to cover the entire area until I found the big school of fish on top of a hump just on the main lake side of it. I made the call to my parents (who had just got on the lake to take my little sister and friends tubing) and they came and found me. I sure am glad they came, because by the time they got there, my little cooler on my kayak was so full of fish, they were flopping out if they thrashed hard enough. I caught em almost every cast for the first 2 hours after I found them, and we caught fish until almost 11.

Posted By: Jaustin

Re: Found the white bass on Hubbard Creek - 05/29/18 11:23 PM

Looks like fun!
Posted By: Tallgrass05

Re: Found the white bass on Hubbard Creek - 05/29/18 11:32 PM

Great fun!
Posted By: Brad R

Re: Found the white bass on Hubbard Creek - 05/30/18 10:22 AM

I just can't imagine why more of us don't target white bass more often, if for no other reason than to take the occasional break from hunting LMBs. So much fun, so much activity.

I've done it during the Feb/March spawn, never when they are schooled up deeper. I'll add this to my calendar!!!

Same for trips out targeting bluegills and/or crappie. Just tons of fun!!!

Good pics!

Brad
Posted By: wh2004

Re: Found the white bass on Hubbard Creek - 06/02/18 12:24 AM

We have a house on the lake (not used, was my grandpas), but it’s on the far west end way off the main lake. Where do you put in? We’re you by the dam?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum