Texas Fishing Forum

Canyon Lake Visit

Posted By: Jaybonnett

Canyon Lake Visit - 03/31/18 10:40 PM

I’d like to take my wife to Canyon Lake near New Braunfels next Saturday. She really enjoys relaxing on the kayak, looking at scenery, and hearing the sounds of nature. I dig that too but prefer a line in the water. I’ve never been to this lake and am curious where we could possibly get the best of both worlds. Any advice would be fantastic. I don’t need anyone’s honey hole, just a general idea of where to put and where to paddle.
Posted By: Brad R

Re: Canyon Lake Visit - 04/01/18 03:01 AM

I haven't been there in decades but I thought I'd give you a link to the page where you can print off the locations of the many (44) fish attractors set out by TPWD. You can get the coordinates and perhaps you can use your phone to dial you in, else print the map and use visual references to find these places.

Brad

Canyon Lake Fish Attractors Map

Re: Canyon Lake Visit - 04/01/18 04:09 AM

This is great! Thank you Brad.
Posted By: Gingerbread Man

Re: Canyon Lake Visit - 04/02/18 03:48 PM

In a kayak the best place for both bass fishing and scenery is the Rebeca Creek Ramp, ramp #11. head down river and throw soft plastics (Senkos or craw types) at visible cover and you'll get bit, plus your wife will enjoy the scenery as there are a lot of high cliffs and rocks formations to look at. The put in at the ramp is easy as well but get there early as it will fill up.

Re: Canyon Lake Visit - 04/02/18 04:30 PM

Perfect thank you she’ll love it!
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Canyon Lake Visit - 04/03/18 12:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Gingerbread Man
In a kayak the best place for both bass fishing and scenery is the Rebeca Creek Ramp, ramp #11. head down river and throw soft plastics (Senkos or craw types) at visible cover and you'll get bit, plus your wife will enjoy the scenery as there are a lot of high cliffs and rocks formations to look at. The put in at the ramp is easy as well but get there early as it will fill up.

Spot on advise here, and you will see a lot of wildlife as well.
Those spots mentioned above (fish reefs, if they are still there) are mainly in the main lake and this time of year you would be dealing with high winds and jet skis, and power boats using you as a bouy.
Ramp #11 is up river a ways off 306. I think the road you take is Eagles nest or something like that and leads into the ramp.

Re: Canyon Lake Visit - 04/09/18 01:29 AM

Well we didn’t hit the fish other than one large but had a great time on a beautiful day! We put in at Rebecca Creek and paddled a good mile or so. My wife actually learned to cast where she wanted, many times after I untangled it, and we got some peace and quiet together. Thanks for the hookup! We’ll be back there sometime!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum