Texas Fishing Forum

Colorado River above Lake Ivie

Posted By: Savage243

Colorado River above Lake Ivie - 01/24/18 02:32 PM

Has anyone fished the upper arm of the Colorado River that feeds the main lake at Ivie? If so, how is the water in that area?
Posted By: BrandoA

Re: Colorado River above Lake Ivie - 01/24/18 08:42 PM

I don't know about the upper but we have about 1.5 of the Colorado on us in Mills county and I was curious about the bass fishing? I know the cat fishing is great. I would think bass should be great as well just haven't done it yet. This spring its on my agenda!!!

Re: Colorado River above Lake Ivie - 01/24/18 10:31 PM

That looks awesome! I have a a kayak bass tournament coming up and limited time to get to the lake to look around. I also don't want to paddle 5 miles for nothing...LOL
Posted By: hurricanecraig

Re: Colorado River above Lake Ivie - 01/24/18 10:50 PM

What tournament is on Lake Ivie?

Re: Colorado River above Lake Ivie - 01/25/18 02:29 PM

West Texas Kayak Fishing is having a tournament on March 3rd. I believe the captain's meeting will be at the Elm Creek/Kennedy Park ramp. We welcome anyone who would like to come out and participate.

Here is a link to the website for more details and the rest of the schedule.

https://www.westtexaskayakfishing.com/2018-west-texas-kayak-fishing-schedule/
Posted By: BrandoA

Re: Colorado River above Lake Ivie - 01/25/18 11:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Savage243
That looks awesome! I have a a kayak bass tournament coming up and limited time to get to the lake to look around. I also don't want to paddle 5 miles for nothing...LOL

Thanks. It is beautiful and pretty isolated
Posted By: Todd™

Re: Colorado River above Lake Ivie - 01/26/18 03:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Savage243

Me and a buddy did a tourney there a couple years ago and I don't think the lake level has changed much but we put in at the Concho rec area. It is pretty much a river from where the two rivers meet and down toward the dam or whats left of the main lake. Lots of trees line the channel that used to be 20 feet under water. Like you we never had been and knew little about the lake. I can't help much but say that you probably want have to paddle far to be up the Colorado or the Concho from the Concho Rec Area.
Posted By: Bro Raif

Re: Colorado River above Lake Ivie - 03/24/18 05:48 AM

I took this March 12 where CR 129 crosses the Colorado south of Ballinger. (Hope the picture appears)
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum