Texas Fishing Forum

It was a bit chiily.....

Posted By: doctorliver

It was a bit chiily..... - 01/15/18 03:55 AM

Having an opportunity, I loaded up the kayak early this morning and headed over to Lake Somerville to see what I could find on the Yegua creek. The boat ramp was empty except for one other kayaker braving the freezing temperatures this morning. I bundled up, got on the water, and headed straight to the creek. There was a slight north wind blowing, but once in the creek, it was easy paddling. I fished the creek hard in search of Crappie, and to see if any white bass had made it in to the creek. I did manage to catch 6 very cold bass, 1 crappie, and one male white bass. There was fish in the creek, but the crappie just weren't cooperating this time. The afternoon was pleasant. Headed back to the boat ramp, cleaned up the white bass and crappie for dinner, and headed home for the evening. Didn't take too many pictures this time around, but I did manage to get a shot of the largest bass I caught this morning. I think, next week I'll take a trip up to nails creek and see whats shakin. As much as I love Yegua, the long paddle is not my favorite part of the trip. Plus, it's always good to change up the scenery from time to time.

Posted By: lconn4

Re: It was a bit chiily..... - 01/15/18 04:36 AM

cheers
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: It was a bit chiily..... - 01/15/18 12:34 PM

Good day if you ask me!

Great pics thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Bug-e

Re: It was a bit chiily..... - 01/15/18 09:27 PM

Thanks for sharing. How do you like the peddle kayak now that you’ve been out a few times?
Posted By: doctorliver

Re: It was a bit chiily..... - 01/16/18 01:49 AM

I've enjoyed the freedom of the pedal kayak. I do love moving through the water without the paddle and not having to put down the fishing pole every time I need to move. I was looking at the Hobie Kayaks, but this kayak was in a good price range.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: It was a bit chiily..... - 01/20/18 05:02 AM

Awesome post! Good job. thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum