Texas Fishing Forum

Underwater Lights

Posted By: Dfitz

Underwater Lights - 01/10/18 06:35 PM

Im thinking about adding under water lights to attract bait fish. Anybody else doing this? Ive been in boats on Fork with underwater lights and its amazing to see all the different types of predator and prey fish swimming thru the light. Im in a PA12 if that makes a difference on what options I have? Appreciate any direction on how to rig this up.

I've seen these brands;
Surfstow
Lumitec
Nuzamas
Posted By: Tallgrass05

Re: Underwater Lights - 01/10/18 07:12 PM

There are many articles and posts about LED lights on kayaks out there. Green seems to the most popular, often mounted along the bow, and not under the water.

http://supernovafishinglights.com
https://www.oznium.com/marine-boat-led-deck-running-light

Re: Underwater Lights - 01/10/18 07:35 PM

Thanks TG
Posted By: Tallgrass05

Re: Underwater Lights - 01/11/18 04:05 AM

De nada.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Underwater Lights - 01/11/18 02:58 PM

There are a few companies that sell a portable submersible light

If you already have a 360 light and your kayak has some extra lights for visibility at night, this is the direction I'd go in (won't attract more bugs)

Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: Underwater Lights - 01/11/18 04:20 PM

Bugs is a big issue at times. Dog rigged up a killer LED light on the bow of his PA. Thing lite up a whole area.

BUT man the bugs lol.

Re: Underwater Lights - 01/11/18 04:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Dan90210 ☮
Bugs is a big issue at times. Dog rigged up a killer LED light on the bow of his PA. Thing lite up a whole area.

BUT man the bugs lol.

Who is dog?
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Underwater Lights - 01/11/18 06:40 PM

I prefer dawg or dee-o-double-g
Posted By: nmartinez

Re: Underwater Lights - 01/17/18 01:05 AM

have used the drop lite from academy for 20 bucks, its Battery operated and you dont have to mount anything to your yak. could be an option for you.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum