Texas Fishing Forum

Beavers

Posted By: uncle_bagster

Beavers - 06/29/17 10:53 PM

Anyone ever have a run-in with a beaver while tubing? I was catfishing from the bank the other night, when a pair of beavers kept slapping water in front of me. I got to wondering what would have happened if I was out in the tube.
Posted By: Siberman

Re: Beavers - 06/29/17 11:02 PM

Good thing you didn't post this in the OT . roflmao

I never realized how large they grew until I spotted one on Sandlin (near Leesburg) a few years ago . I would imagine that an encounter with an aggressive one wouldn't turn out well for a tuber .
Posted By: Samsonsworld

Re: Beavers - 06/30/17 01:56 AM

Originally Posted By: uncle_bagster
when a pair of beavers kept slapping water in front of me.

Lol! Never seen more than one at a time. Some people have all the luck.
Posted By: muscogeemike

Re: Beavers - 06/30/17 02:32 AM

I've never had a run in with a Beaver but I had a couple of Otters scare the hell out of me in Fla.
Posted By: PowerLizard

Re: Beavers - 06/30/17 03:58 PM

It is very unnerving while floating in a tube. I have seen them in daylight but the tail slaps have always been in the late evening as it is getting dark. I was out on Lake Grapevine in Twin Coves near the Rockin S on a Hobie Float Cat last fall and in the evening this one beaver would come up behind me and give me a good tail slap. It scares me pretty good as I am concentrating on my line while fishing a plastic worm and BAAAMMM! If you don't leave he keeps coming back. I usually take it as a sign that it is time to leave and pack it in. I don't spend any time at the shoreline sorting my stuff. I grab it all and head for the truck where I sort it.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum