Texas Fishing Forum

Who's fishing Amon Carter this weekend?

Posted By: K.D.

Who's fishing Amon Carter this weekend? - 09/24/03 03:27 AM

Man, this board seems to have died lately! Who's planning on fishing the Amon Carter tourney Saturday?

I'm in.....

KD
Posted By: Custom30

Re: Who's fishing Amon Carter this weekend? - 09/24/03 01:32 PM

Hey Fishbrain,

Give me a call about this. I may be able to go.

Marc

Re: Who's fishing Amon Carter this weekend? - 09/24/03 04:25 PM

Hey Marc,

Last Sunday fishbrain said he may not make the tourney. I'm not sure if he'll see this or not before then. If you want to fish it with us, and don't hear from him, we'll meet up at the convenience store on FM1655 and 287 by 6am, and we'll convoy over to the lake.

The same goes for anyone else who wants to fish it, but hasn't been to where we're launching, or hasn't fish any of our Tourneys. Meet at the convenience store by 6am and I'll make sure you get to the tourney.

Hope to see you there!

Kelly
Posted By: Custom30

Re: Who's fishing Amon Carter this weekend? - 09/24/03 05:13 PM

Thanks Kelly.

I'll have to call Randy later and find out what's up.

Marc
Posted By: BigLeslie

Re: Who's fishing Amon Carter this weekend? - 09/24/03 05:55 PM

I'm planning on it, so I need to be at that gas station in Alvord before 6am, correct?...Ron

Re: Who's fishing Amon Carter this weekend? - 09/24/03 05:56 PM

Yeah, Ron. Meet us there.
Posted By: joflo2

Re: Who's fishing Amon Carter this weekend? - 09/24/03 06:32 PM

I can not make this one. I'll be interested on how everyone did. Good luck to all!
joflo
Posted By: n2fishin1

Re: Who's fishing Amon Carter this weekend? - 09/24/03 08:26 PM

I'm not going to able to fish this one but I'll be at the "EXPRESS" to help Kelly get everyone to the launch site.
Posted By: gatorgar55

Re: Who's fishing Amon Carter this weekend? - 09/24/03 10:40 PM

I'd be there but I have to work. Good Luck Guys.
Posted By: HERROUTDOORS

Re: Who's fishing Amon Carter this weekend? - 09/25/03 06:45 PM

I won make it this weekend guys, my house was broke into a few days ago. I was was pretty much wiped out on all my fishing tackle and guns. I'll be back though.
Posted By: 7#

Re: Who's fishing Amon Carter this weekend? - 09/30/03 06:34 PM

I'm curious. How did ya'll do. I've got two tubes now and I'm ready to fish a couple of these things.

Re: Who's fishing Amon Carter this weekend? - 10/01/03 02:41 AM

Only a few guys (4) showed up, so we went over the Black Creek instead. We thought the fishing would be better over there. I left at 11:30, and the other guys were off the water and gone when I left! It was kind of funny really. I looked up, and saw their trucks were gone and I was the only one left on the lake!

Tough day out there. Most caught 1-2, and fishn'addiction said he caught 5 when I caught up with him later in the parking lot at Catfish O'Harleys in Decatur.

KD
Posted By: BigLeslie

Re: Who's fishing Amon Carter this weekend? - 10/01/03 02:59 AM

Yep it was very tough, I can't remember a day where I saw so many fish jumping but couldn't buy a bite. I gave up about 10:30 partly because I was having trouble with some seating modifications I made to my tube, but mainly out of frustration due to the continued taunting of those smart alleck fish as they broke the surface just to laugh at me. Either way it was a real pain in the butt...literally. Anyway, had a great time hanging out a little bit with ya'll and I'm definetly up for giving it another shot at the next tourney...later!...BL
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum