Texas Fishing Forum

Half day on Lavon

Posted By: where's my bobber?

Half day on Lavon - 05/06/13 08:36 PM

Met up with jiggin el and Mr. Lee early this mornin for a few hours of slab slayin on Lavon. Jiggin had to be at work at 1, so we had to start heading off the water at 11. Had a great time, after I realized my basket was open on the bottom and lost a nice fish. bang
Ended up taking 11 fatties home. Jiggin had 12. Mr. Lee was still pullin em in when we left.
Jiggin and lee

Lee and I

A nice one

My haul
Posted By: dallee

Re: Half day on Lavon - 05/06/13 09:58 PM

That's a nice haul there. Hope the others did as well.

Enjoy the pics as its always nice to see when the fishin story is told.
Posted By: Bottom_Bouncer

Re: Half day on Lavon - 05/06/13 11:30 PM

Nice catch! I also appreciate the motivation you have provided me to get off my rear and break my tubes out.

I've been a couple times now this spring. Haven't had any luck catching but it's sure been fun.
Posted By: jiggin el

Re: Half day on Lavon - 05/07/13 01:09 AM

Quit Wishin !!!

Re: Half day on Lavon - 05/07/13 05:49 PM

Hey "Bottom" just come hang out with us ....We fish every Monday ...

Re: Half day on Lavon - 05/07/13 06:49 PM

Originally Posted By: jiggin el

+1
Posted By: UrsusVeritas

Re: Half day on Lavon - 05/07/13 08:07 PM

how to you keep from hitting branches and popping your tube?

Re: Half day on Lavon - 05/07/13 08:57 PM

You will hit branches/stumps/unknowns from time to time. The covering of the tubes are pretty tough. Not to say you won't get a pin hole from time to time (especially if you catch a catfish not meaning to) but the bladders are pretty thick as well. I haven't had an issue hitting stumps and getting a hole. You don't go fast enough in the tube to cause any damage. You either go over it, bounce off of it or just stop. The worst part is kicking a brush pile with your feet and scaring the crappie out of it for a bit. But they usually come back within 5 minutes or so if you just sit still.
Posted By: Bottom_Bouncer

Re: Half day on Lavon - 05/07/13 10:17 PM

Originally Posted By: jiggin el

I would love to. Perhaps I can join you all one day after work on a Monday.

Re: Half day on Lavon - 05/08/13 01:08 PM

Anytime Bottom! You're more than welcome!
Posted By: UrsusVeritas

Re: Half day on Lavon - 05/08/13 08:20 PM

Originally Posted By: where's my bobber?!
You will hit branches/stumps/unknowns from time to time. The covering of the tubes are pretty tough. Not to say you won't get a pin hole from time to time (especially if you catch a catfish not meaning to) but the bladders are pretty thick as well. I haven't had an issue hitting stumps and getting a hole. You don't go fast enough in the tube to cause any damage. You either go over it, bounce off of it or just stop. The worst part is kicking a brush pile with your feet and scaring the crappie out of it for a bit. But they usually come back within 5 minutes or so if you just sit still.

I have an inflatable pontoon. Im trying to figure out if i can fish the brush like this.

Re: Half day on Lavon - 05/08/13 09:12 PM

I've had a pontoon before. The Colorado. Fished out of it a few times. Always fished structure. Never had an issue with stumps. Just wind. If its even a little breezy it'll blow you all over the place. I suggest a good heavy anchor. I ended up giving it away to a friend because I never used it. There was a guy out where we were Monday, in a toon, pulling the crappie in as fast as we were. He actually just tied off to a big stump to stay put. Worked pretty well for him.
Posted By: steveiam

Re: Half day on Lavon - 05/09/13 04:46 PM

I enjoyed this report--
Pics like these are what makes me think I'm try this out sometime--

Re: Half day on Lavon - 05/14/13 01:12 AM

Always lookin for more Tubers.....
Tubers United Inc...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum