Texas Fishing Forum

Has anyone checked the LBJ Grasslands lakes since the big rain?

Posted By: Smithaven

Has anyone checked the LBJ Grasslands lakes since the big rain? - 01/27/12 11:54 PM

It looked like the grasslands got a big rain. Has anyone checked it out?

Posted By: Fishbrain

Re: Has anyone checked the LBJ Grasslands lakes since the big rain? - 01/28/12 04:35 AM

No, but I predict muuuuuudddy water for a few weeks. Clear Lake was already very stained.

Posted By: CDUBYA

Re: Has anyone checked the LBJ Grasslands lakes since the big rain? - 01/29/12 07:07 AM

Whats that lake like to fish from the bank? Never attempted but would give it a whirl for any edible fish ! Any and all suggestions would be appreciated ! fish

Posted By: Smithaven

Re: Has anyone checked the LBJ Grasslands lakes since the big rain? - 01/29/12 01:54 PM

Originally Posted By: CDUBYA
Whats that lake like to fish from the bank? Never attempted but would give it a whirl for any edible fish ! Any and all suggestions would be appreciated ! fish

Clear Lake is set up for bank fishing. Are you in Weatherford?

Posted By: Fishbrain

Re: Has anyone checked the LBJ Grasslands lakes since the big rain? - 02/05/12 10:06 PM

Originally Posted By: CDUBYA
If you'll find it on a map, there are roads that go around to the opposite side of the dam from the boat ramp. There is a pretty long bank that is easily accessible there. Also, when it's low, you can walk along the dam, so you'd have access to deeper water. I'm not sure how much it's come up, though, so this might be a moot point. The lake has crappie and catfish, but not in great numbers. Bass have to be 14" to keep, and there are wardens who check on occasion. I wish they'd check more often in the Grasslands--lots of locals don't seem to care for the rules. If they're legal, though, Clear Lake could use some smaller fish being culled--there is an over-abundance of them.

Posted By: jbaseball33

Re: Has anyone checked the LBJ Grasslands lakes since the big rain? - 02/17/12 10:09 AM

where is LBJ Grasslands?

Posted By: fish fear me

Re: Has anyone checked the LBJ Grasslands lakes since the big rain? - 02/17/12 03:39 PM

goggle is your friend

Re: Has anyone checked the LBJ Grasslands lakes since the big rain? - 02/17/12 05:25 PM

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&a...cdb99d&z=13

Posted By: jbaseball33

Re: Has anyone checked the LBJ Grasslands lakes since the big rain? - 02/18/12 02:48 AM

that were I was looking, just wanted to confirm, THX

Might try it Sunday

Re: Has anyone checked the LBJ Grasslands lakes since the big rain? - 02/18/12 03:09 AM

Get a water temp

Posted By: NekidTackle

Re: Has anyone checked the LBJ Grasslands lakes since the big rain? - 02/18/12 12:52 PM

If anyone goes, get a few pictures, wold be nice to see how high the water is on the fishing pier, and how high the water has risen on the rampp

Posted By: davidsonbasser

Re: Has anyone checked the LBJ Grasslands lakes since the big rain? - 02/29/12 01:34 AM

Clear Lake has cleared up again and is at full level. Black creek is fair and is at overflow on the back creeks. That little peninsula? Its underwater! Cottonwood is up and that island with brush is topped off. Its really muddy. Windmill lake is up a few feet and is muddy. Rhodes lake is still VERY low! I dont get it cuz its my fav lake out there too. Dans Pond is up but is murky. Rucker pond is up but muddy as usual. Havent checked Berkely, mesa,or chicken lake.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum