Texas Fishing Forum

Hubbard City Lakes Sunday

Posted By: Fishbrain

Hubbard City Lakes Sunday - 02/24/09 05:13 AM

Finally got to get out on Sunday. Went to HCL with a couple of buddies for about 5 hours. Fishing was slow, but I managed to get 7, including a couple of nice, fat females that will be dropping eggs soon. Water temps were in the mid-50s, water was crystal clear (could see the bottom 6-8 feet down, air temps in the upper 50s-lower 60s, and the lakes out there are anywhere from 2-5 feet low, by my best estimation. The fish in the picture, the biggest of the day, came on my final cast. All of my fish came on a red/green Zoom trick worm rigged 18" behind a 1/8 oz. bullet-shaped split shot. My partners only managed 2 between them, one on a watermelon trick worm, the other on a rattletrap.

Posted By: divot

Re: Hubbard City Lakes Sunday - 02/24/09 05:30 AM

thumb

Nice, looks like fun!
Posted By: skumbukit

Re: Hubbard City Lakes Sunday - 02/24/09 05:24 PM

Which lake did you try? We always go back to the last one on the west side and head up the creek. Usually catch a few but always wondered about the other waters out there and heard somewhere they stocked the open one across the road on the east side.
Posted By: Fishbrain

Re: Hubbard City Lakes Sunday - 02/24/09 11:04 PM

Actually, it is the one on the east side. The first one on the west also has a lot of bass in it. The second one, which looks most hurt by the drought, is, from my limited experience, a wasteland. I hadn't fished the big one you fished, although it sure looks nice. I'm glad to hear it does have some fish!
Posted By: dfwexile

Re: Hubbard City Lakes Sunday - 07/14/19 05:58 PM

Did you catch anything ?
Posted By: K.D.

Re: Hubbard City Lakes Sunday - 07/14/19 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by dfwexile
Did you catch anything ?

Not sure if you’re aware, but you just responded to a post that’s 10 years old.
Posted By: BigLeslie

Re: Hubbard City Lakes Sunday - 08/24/19 10:17 PM

I got all excited, thought FB was back on my lakes
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Hubbard City Lakes Sunday - 10/05/19 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by K.D.
Originally Posted by dfwexile
Did you catch anything ?

Not sure if you�re aware, but you just responded to a post that�s 10 years old.

Yep! hmmm
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum