Texas Fishing Forum

TX Numbers

Posted By: V-Bottom

TX Numbers - 05/23/21 11:13 PM

You fellas that have your inflatable registered in TX bc you have some sort of motor on it...could you tell me the best way to put the numbers on please?
My next question is this......When you had your inflatable registered and received your Tx numbers....HOW did you acquire a TITLE ?
Posted By: porta

Re: TX Numbers - 05/24/21 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by V-Bottom
You fellas that have your inflatable registered in TX bc you have some sort of motor on it...could you tell me the best way to put the numbers on please?
My next question is this......When you had your inflatable registered and received your Tx numbers....HOW did you acquire a TITLE ?

I have a motorized float tube registered many years ago, for which I had a receipt but no hull ID number or title. I made an appointment with the local office, and a game warden inspected and assigned a hull id to be carried in a pocket of the tube. The TX numbers wouldn't stick to the nylon surface of the tube, so I fashioned flat panels made from Coroplast for each side which are fastened to the side of the tube with snap hooks. The TX numbers are pasted to those panels, and displayed as required when using a motor. I have been checked a couple of times (a few years back) for license and registration without any issues.

Appreciate if you let us know if this still works, or what method you had to use.

Thanks!

Re: TX Numbers - 05/24/21 11:20 PM

Good info there and thanx. My Voyager is still in the box, haven't opened it as yet. Been doing some research on how to affix those numbers and these "panels" were mentioned. I also read that some states don't allow the numbers to be applied in a "portable" manner.....they have to stuck to the craft. I'll see what these guys say down here. Again thanx.
BTW, I also read there is a way to put #'s on. It requires cleaning the good, then sanding that area with med grit, then apply this certain type of glue, and put he # on.
Posted By: porta

Re: TX Numbers - 05/25/21 12:02 AM

Gluing to the nylon surface wouldn't work very well for my craft, it might weaken the fabric, and I also sometimes use the tube without a motor. When I pack in the lightweight tube to remote Waters, it requires rolling up to a tight bundle. The repeated rolling and unrolling, inflation and deflation, scratching against brush, etc.would probably destroy at least some of the numbers or registration sticker after a few times. It will cost time and maybe money to redo it periodically, but so be it, if it is necessary. GW Generaly ignore my craft, only 2 have stopped me over many years, and they said nothing about display or paperwork, but that might be highly dependent on who it is, ha!

Re: TX Numbers - 05/25/21 01:24 AM

thumb The gluing thing boils down to what the inflatable is made of...
Posted By: gar1970

Re: TX Numbers - 05/25/21 03:21 AM

i used a sharpie on my sea eagle and wrote the numbers on it and the registration stickers i carried in a clear thick plastic ziplock bag taped to the rope that goes along the sides of the inflatable
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum