Texas Fishing Forum

Texoma launch?

Posted By: Jonathan_Zambrano

Texoma launch? - 01/13/21 12:13 AM

I have an inflatable pontoon that I am wanting to take to Texoma and fish for smallies (Not necessarily right now but probably in the spring) and was wondering if anyone has areas that they know you can launch and fish around the area you launched?
Posted By: Fish Chaser

Re: Texoma launch? - 01/13/21 03:04 PM

Eisenhower State Park boat ramp.
Posted By: JJ4MEL

Re: Texoma launch? - 01/19/21 08:32 PM

Great spot just outside the launch. Have seen many striper and catfish caught from drifting this point. Once you go around the point away from the ramp you can find smallmouth along the rocks.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Jonathan_Zambrano

Re: Texoma launch? - 01/25/21 09:41 PM

Thanks! I was hoping that striper might also be a possibility! I thought they might be out of range. Any tips on targeting either? I have electronics with sidescan so is there anything I should look for?
Posted By: JJ4MEL

Re: Texoma launch? - 01/27/21 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Jonathan_Zambrano
Thanks! I was hoping that striper might also be a possibility! I thought they might be out of range. Any tips on targeting either? I have electronics with sidescan so is there anything I should look for?

For the striper I have seen them caught on pencil poppers, rattle traps, swim baits, etc. You can also stop at the gas station at the corner of 75 & 91 and pick up some large minnows. Or you can walk below the dam and catch some shad.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum