Texas Fishing Forum

Fishing out of my dinghy!!!

Posted By: RandyG2650

Fishing out of my dinghy!!! - 05/30/20 10:27 PM

So I bought a dinghy and wanna add some things to it. Really have no experience with boats or kayaks at all. If I added a fishing seat to it, would it be to much?

Attached picture 4D8914A2-A8C9-4EDD-992C-761C67C7C9BF.jpeg
Posted By: porta

Re: Fishing out of my dinghy!!! - 05/31/20 02:31 AM

If you have mechanical and installation skills used for other situations, they will help in customizing your dingy. Finding a comfortable seat with adjustments and a seatback cuts fatigue, and makes your outings much more enjoyable. I also like things like a Hands-free speed and steering control, and adjustable rod holders. A Google search should turn up sources for these and other things which might be of interest to you.
Posted By: Bill Crowe

Re: Fishing out of my dinghy!!! - 05/31/20 08:54 PM

you need to register it if you are fishing public waters with the trolling motor.
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: Fishing out of my dinghy!!! - 06/25/20 06:34 PM

I added this seat swivel to my Jon boat and I really like it. It allows you to remove the seat when not in use and you can change the seat type if needed.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/bass-pro-shops-quick-release-seat-swivel
Posted By: Burbarry

Re: Fishing out of my dinghy!!! - 06/25/20 06:40 PM

Once I get my backup seat swapped out. You can have the one that has a small tear in it. It should mount perfect on that swivel that osbornfishing posted. I like the look of that little boat more than jon boat.
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Fishing out of my dinghy!!! - 06/25/20 06:52 PM

It`s gonna need some numbers on it given the fact that there`s a troll motor in your photo. coolio
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Fishing out of my dinghy!!! - 07/03/20 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by Fishbonz
It`s gonna need some numbers on it given the fact that there`s a troll motor in your photo. coolio

Plus #1. Nice rig. thumb
Posted By: Pappybear

Re: Fishing out of my dinghy!!! - 07/06/20 11:41 PM

Nice little boat. As others have said a clamp on swivel seat with a back, a couple pole holders and a registration with TPW, you’ll be set. If you fish before sunrise or after sunset you’ll need navigation lights. Battery operated clamp on models are cheap.

Re: Fishing out of my dinghy!!! - 07/20/20 03:25 AM

Getting all my paperwork and what not done tomrorow! Will be out on the water later this week!
Posted By: RBDavis3591

Re: Fishing out of my dinghy!!! - 07/20/20 12:35 PM

Here are photos of the way my friend customized his dinghy. I don't have a picture of it but he also added the seat base clamp and the seat.

[Linked Image]

He sat in the front so he devised a way to control the speed and direction of the trolling motor.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Fishing out of my dinghy!!! - 07/21/20 03:18 AM

Ha that’s pretty bad [censored]!! Can you try and get a pic where the seat is? I can’t envision it!!!
Posted By: RBDavis3591

Re: Fishing out of my dinghy!!! - 07/21/20 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by RandyG2650
Ha that’s pretty bad [censored]!! Can you try and get a pic where the seat is? I can’t envision it!!!

He sold it a year ago after we got a boat so I cannot get a picture but it was mounted on the front bench in the same location as the PDF shown in the previous photo.

Here are the parts that were bought from Academy:

Choose seat:
[Linked Image]

Base that is installed on seat:
[Linked Image]

Mount that is installed on front bench seat:
[Linked Image]

Shows base installed on mount and on a jon boat seat allowing to swivel 360 degrees:
[Linked Image]
© 2021 Texas Fishing Forum