Texas Fishing Forum

Two-man boat

Posted By: bohica

Two-man boat - 04/30/20 03:26 PM

I am currently looking to buy a two-man boat. I'd prefer a 10' one piece boat but will look at all options. If you have one for sale or know of someone that has one for sale please let me know. Thanks
Posted By: Dave-0

Re: Two-man boat - 05/03/20 04:56 AM

Man o man did you miss a deal by Dan90210 a couple weeks ago. Had a very nice Bass Hunter EX with trolling motor, Lowrance graph and battery for $500.

But, if you're looking for the one piece, I would highly suggest Bass Hunter boats. So much better made then the Pelican series.
Posted By: RickD78

Re: Two-man boat - 05/04/20 08:14 PM

I have a 10' Pelican with title, trolling motor, trailer, hummingbird fish finder, and a Johnson 3 horse (I think) motor. I have seen the gas engine run, but it will need a carb cleaning and a new pull cord assembly to run again. Feel free to send me a message with your contact info, and i can send pics when i get home. Asking $1,200
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Two-man boat - 05/05/20 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Dave-0
Man o man did you miss a deal by Dan90210 a couple weeks ago. Had a very nice Bass Hunter EX with trolling motor, Lowrance graph and battery for $500.

But, if you're looking for the one piece, I would highly suggest Bass Hunter boats. So much better made then the Pelican series.

coolio I`m just curious. What makes the Bass Hunter EX so much better than the Pelican series? Is this an opinion or Factual based
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: Two-man boat - 05/11/20 12:50 PM

The material the Bass Hunters are made from are much stronger. They don't bend or flex or do anything in heat and they're extremely thick.

They are also roto molded... meaning they are one solid piece not two pieces that are put together, an upper and a lower, a lot of the other brand of boats are exactly that, two pieces. Being one solid piece makes it nearly impossible to ever get water inside of the hull.

I do like some of the options that other brands come with that you won't find on bass hunter boats, such as factory-installed pre rigging for trolling motor power and the front and the back, and I've seen some that had built in little livewells or storage areas. That's cool too.
Posted By: OutdoorTxs

Re: Two-man boat - 10/21/20 02:02 PM

Pelican bass raider is a great boat. Mine is over 7yrs old and still performs like day 1. As far as the 2 piece thing, it really doesnt matter. Ive forgotten to put the plugs in the pontoons before and fished for hours on the water. Both pontoons filled with water, and I didnt even realize it until i got back in. I just thought it was moving alil slower is all lol.
Cant speak for other brands, but I can tell you the bass raider is super tough, (ive dropped it, scrapped it, bumped it, you name it), really stable, almost impossible to sink, and light enough for 1 person to load and unload in a pick up, if you dont have a trailer. Would recommend. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Two-man boat - 10/22/20 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by Dan90210 ☮
The material the Bass Hunters are made from are much stronger. They don't bend or flex or do anything in heat and they're extremely thick.

They are also roto molded... meaning they are one solid piece not two pieces that are put together, an upper and a lower, a lot of the other brand of boats are exactly that, two pieces. Being one solid piece makes it nearly impossible to ever get water inside of the hull.

I do like some of the options that other brands come with that you won't find on bass hunter boats, such as factory-installed pre rigging for trolling motor power and the front and the back, and I've seen some that had built in little livewells or storage areas. That's cool too.

So depending on what YOU like makes it a better boat? OK I can see your point. Me on the other hand I like the option of having a boat that has an electric connection built in, without being heavy and easy to handle so I own a Pelican Bass Raider. Not sayin it`s better but it`s what I like so different strokes for different folks. 2cents
Posted By: Fish Chaser

Re: Two-man boat - 10/22/20 02:54 PM

You need to water your grass.
Posted By: OutdoorTxs

Re: Two-man boat - 10/22/20 04:12 PM

its October bro! fixing to die anyway
Posted By: Cat finder

Re: Two-man boat - 10/22/20 04:23 PM

💯
Posted By: V-Bottom

Re: Two-man boat - 10/22/20 05:44 PM

Freedom Electric Marine has a few models to choose from. Back with a website hopefully

www.freedomelectricmarine.com/twin-troller-models-packages
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Two-man boat - 10/24/20 04:30 AM

thumb
Posted By: over the hill @PK

Re: Two-man boat - 10/27/20 01:30 PM

what trolling motor is on your boat and is it still for sale ?
Posted By: over the hill @PK

Re: Two-man boat - 10/27/20 01:31 PM

also where are you located
Posted By: Downhomebaits

Re: Two-man boat - 10/28/20 05:20 PM

I have a 2 man boat for sale , it's in classified section . $380 brand new
Posted By: EB Lane

Re: Two-man boat - 02/19/21 03:57 AM

I have a 11foot coleman crawdad,age unknown,modified seats,no trailer $450.00, current texas tag. will throw in a 3.5 hp chysler.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum