Texas Fishing Forum

Heel kicker

Posted By: Rangerbobtx

Heel kicker - 03/24/20 02:05 PM

Anyone here using the Fishmaster heel kickers. I have never used them and have some questions on sizing.
Thanks RB
Posted By: PowerLizard

Re: Heel kicker - 03/24/20 08:59 PM

They don't work very well. I had a pair decades ago when I fished from a round float tube. It is a lot of work to go forward just a little bit. I now use US Diver fins and go backwards and then spin around to fish a spot. You can ignore half the Amazon.com reviews as they are posted by people who tried them on in their living room and then posted 5 stars.
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Heel kicker - 03/31/20 01:52 AM

yep, scuba fins can create a wake.
Posted By: Bottom_Bouncer

Re: Heel kicker - 04/01/20 11:45 PM

I like scuba fins too. I can cover a lot more water to get to my fishing spot. The kickers work well if you dont have to go very far.
Posted By: Bottom_Bouncer

Re: Heel kicker - 04/01/20 11:45 PM

I like scuba fins too. I can cover a lot more water to get to my fishing spot. The kickers work well if you dont have to go very far.
Posted By: Rangerbobtx

Re: Heel kicker - 04/04/20 02:44 PM

I am not looking at the kickers for tube fishing but something unusual. I am 72yr and love to duck hunt. Last year I had to go onto oxygen, which has greatly restricted my mobility. To counteract having to wade when placing and retrieving decoys I figured out that I could sit on the nose of my little marsh boat and use my feet to walk the boat around. Last season the water levels were low so being able to reach the bottom was not a problem, but with a lot of rain this spring the lake levels have come up and I am concerned that the water will be too deep for me to use that trick.So I was thinking the kickers might be a solution. I would only have them on when I was working with the decoys and only moving the boat around a fairly small area. My biggest concern is whether they will fit over wader boots.
Thanks for all of the responses
Posted By: donothin

Re: Heel kicker - 04/04/20 08:46 PM

I used the fishmaster kickers a lot during the 60-70's and liked them. There is a knack to using them and they are slow and not good in the wind. In fact I still have a couple of pairs and a couple of the old Bob Brown floats that were made in Ok City. They were classics.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum