Texas Fishing Forum

buster boat

Posted By: bluteddi

buster boat - 03/09/20 01:39 AM

Inherited a Buster Boat . I live in Tx. what do I need to do to put a trolling motor on it for lake use??
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: buster boat - 03/09/20 01:45 AM

Have to title and register if you want to put a trolling motor on it.
Posted By: PowerLizard

Re: buster boat - 03/09/20 03:17 AM

Texas Parks and Wildlife has a form to transfer the existing title to your name assuming of course the boat was titled and you have a will or similar document. You can find their forms online.
Posted By: V-Bottom

Re: buster boat - 03/10/20 12:42 AM

TX #'s are required on a "boat" that has any type of motor on it...including a T-motor.
Posted By: harvey walker

Re: buster boat - 03/12/20 01:26 PM

If it has never been registered take picture of the serial number before you go to TPW to get it registered. If it has been reg. before you need the title and a bill of sale from the old owner. If you don't have a title it's a real pain in the rear to get it registered. I have a jon boat that my friend gave me then he died and I did not get a title. The paper work to get it in my name is unreal.
Posted By: pop r

Re: buster boat - 03/31/20 11:45 PM

If you are planning on using the boat on private waters only you don't have to register it. If you plan on using it on any state owned river or lake you will have to have it registered. The TX numbers and state sticker applied to the front area of the boat.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum