Texas Fishing Forum

Tubing Bachman Lake

Posted By: Sirjet

Tubing Bachman Lake - 09/11/18 06:09 PM

How deep is this Lake. i was driving by there and wondering if tubing the bridges would produce.
Posted By: Sirjet

Re: Tubing Bachman Lake - 09/11/18 06:10 PM

I need to get on some crappie
Posted By: Bass fro chop

Re: Tubing Bachman Lake - 09/11/18 11:00 PM

Might Ask lovfldx from the bank forum. He's fished it for years. I think it gets good as the weather cools
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Tubing Bachman Lake - 09/12/18 04:20 PM

At one time there was a lotta brush around those Bridge Pillings but I think the Park officials did some cleanup and remove most of it.SOME HUGE CRAPPIE in it & You can still catch em under there even without a tube. The deeper water is up around the dam though.Maybe Rudy aka Lovfldx will chime in. He`s the MAN on that lake.Knows it like the back of his hand! thumb
Posted By: IslandJim

Re: Tubing Bachman Lake - 09/13/18 03:28 PM

A friend worked for Dallas Wastewater about 40 years ago, and there was Salmonella in Bachman. They didn't tell the public. Also, can you imagine all the avgas and jet fuel residue in there from 75 years of Love Field? I wouldn't eat anything from that lake. Catch and release. Just my opinion. IslandJim

Re: Tubing Bachman Lake - 09/14/18 01:22 PM

Originally Posted By: IslandJim
A friend worked for Dallas Wastewater about 40 years ago, and there was Salmonella in Bachman. They didn't tell the public. Also, can you imagine all the avgas and jet fuel residue in there from 75 years of Love Field? I wouldn't eat anything from that lake. Catch and release. Just my opinion. IslandJim
hmmm Avgas,Jet fuel & lets not forget the run off!After all those years mmmmmm boy Crappie & Brim still taste preddy GOOD outta dere! IJS and i`m 60+ bannana2
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Tubing Bachman Lake - 09/16/18 12:42 PM

I personally would not tube in that lake. I don't want to get stabbed with a heroin needle or bump into a dead body.

Re: Tubing Bachman Lake - 09/16/18 03:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Sirjet
I need to get on some crappie
PM sent thumb
Posted By: jasoniam

Re: Tubing Bachman Lake - 07/10/19 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by IslandJim

Interesting note, university of Texas Arlington did a water test of all the local lakes around Dw about 5 years ago, Bachman was the cleanest of all of em within 200 miles. So, there’s that!
Posted By: Lee Finlay

Re: Tubing Bachman Lake - 07/14/19 08:08 PM

The bridges are only 3-4ft deep, as is most of the lake. It's muddy with a soft bottom. It gets up to 12ft deep around the spillway, where it gets rocky.

It gets trash from storm water drains, but it's not horrible.
I've seen ponds in high dollar neighborhoods with more trash.
You'll see lots of walkers and cyclists around the trail. Lots of families picnicking. There are still a few questionable folks hanging around, homeless probably. They don't bother anybody.

Then there's the incessant sound of jet engines. 😡
Posted By: jasoniam

Re: Tubing Bachman Lake - 07/19/19 06:54 PM

The creek though gets to about 12-20 ft deep too!
Posted By: Bentman63

Re: Tubing Bachman Lake - 09/12/19 07:54 PM

Back in the 80's I hooked something that broke my line
And got caught rolling a *fill in the blank" there
Posted By: Rudy Cortinas

Re: Tubing Bachman Lake - 09/17/19 05:36 AM

https://tpwd.texas.gov/fishboat/fish/recreational/lakes/bachman/
https://tpwd.texas.gov/fishboat/fish/action/waterecords.php?WB_code=0036
Posted By: atexx2

Re: Tubing Bachman Lake - 02/20/20 06:15 PM

you may get a ticket from the police for wading/floating in lake.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum