Texas Fishing Forum

Tubing Cedar Creek or Tawakoni Tomorrow 06/19

Posted By: DaBears

Tubing Cedar Creek or Tawakoni Tomorrow 06/19 - 06/18/18 09:08 PM

Good Afternoon,

Sitting here at work, I noticed there was a opening to take a PTO day tomorrow! Perfect time for a fishing day.

I usually float tube Lavon,Grapevine, and Joe Pool but I have never taken the tube to CC or Tawakoni. For those who have, is it fairly easy to find shore access for me to put in my tube and work my way to bridge pilings from either of these lakes?

Regards,

Re: Tubing Cedar Creek or Tawakoni Tomorrow 06/19 - 06/20/18 02:14 PM

Well, I flipped a coin and went to Tawakoni.

Started the morning at White Point Causeway where I saw another float tuber fishing, under the bridge. He caught 2 borderline keepers, that were released, in the 3 hours or so he said he was there. I tried under the bridge and eventually worked my way to a couple of the personal boat docks without a single bite.

After taking a quick break, I made my way to 2 mile bridge, where I spent the next 3 hours. As I worked my way from column to column, the wind intensified the further I went. I decided to stick to the first 5 and landed 12 with only 3 keepers at about 11 inches each. There were other boats I saw come and go, catching more throwbacks then keepers.

Slow day fishing. Fun day on the lake. PTO day well spent!
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Tubing Cedar Creek or Tawakoni Tomorrow 06/19 - 06/20/18 05:15 PM

Cedar Creek has very limited access to drop your tube in. If you are looking to fish bridges, I tend to do better on the bridges on the southern end. As far as docks, while it can be done from the tube it is very hard to find docks that are produce that are in kicking distance from a drop point. Also don't forget about the bridges on Lewisville. There are limits to be had out there right now and they aren't as crowded as TWOK's are.

Re: Tubing Cedar Creek or Tawakoni Tomorrow 06/19 - 06/21/18 05:24 PM

Fishin,

Thanks for the tips. I will be taking another day off next Tuesday to venture out in the tube again. I will make my way to Lewisville and give it a shot, in the early morning. A friend and I were going to make the hike out to Cedar Creek, but I guess it will be a lot of kicking from dock to dock to possibly get skunked.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum