Texas Fishing Forum

Newbie!

Posted By: Hawke

Newbie! - 05/15/03 01:01 AM

I'm Looking for someone to kinda take me under there wing for a bit. I would like to start fishing some tourney's (never have) I have a 17' bass tracker.

What im looking for is someone to kinda show me the ropes and help me get started fishing some of the local tourney's.

I live in frisco and have fished lewisville ray roberts ray hubbard and lavon.

If anyone is interested in helping me out please e-mail me at Silverhawke-rex@attbi.com

[This message has been edited by Hawke (edited 05-15-2003).]
Posted By: TBassYates

Re: Newbie! - 05/15/03 07:41 PM

Hawke,
My advice would be to look into some tournament trails where you can go as a non boater. I used to fish the Red Man trail and also joined Century Bass Club since they were a draw club where you draw someone new each tournament. It helped me a lot to see the different ways different guys fished until I figured out my favorite way to fish. I then started fishing as a non boater in Anglers Choice Pro Am events and some BFL tournaments to gain more expierence. Then you can gradually move into being a boater when you get some expierence on some of the lakes. I fished with some guys in Century that were non boaters for a couple of years and then started competing in their boats and now they are kicking my tail a lot of times.
I made many friends some of which are my fishing partners today in some tournament trails. There are many great clubs here in Texas but if you are wanting to become a competitive tournament fisherman a draw club and pro am events are the way to gain knowledge of fishing techniques and etiquette. For info on Century Bass Club go to www.bassclubs.net/clubpages/centurybassclub
Good luck, TY
Posted By: Hawke

Re: Newbie! - 05/15/03 08:31 PM

Thanks for the advice Tbass I will definatly look into that .

Hawke
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum