Texas Fishing Forum

Moved to DFW

Posted By: StayingBent

Moved to DFW - 04/26/18 04:26 PM

What's Up.
Just moved to DFW (Saginaw) 6months ago

Looking to learn some of the lakes in the area. I do have my own boat, but would be willing to use someone elses also. Will split fuel cost/launch fees/etc .

Past fishing has been Saltwater mostly in SoCal. So trout and Bass fishing in WA. Week Days are open for me
Posted By: pop r

Re: Moved to DFW - 04/28/18 12:04 AM

welcome

Re: Moved to DFW - 04/30/18 12:45 PM

thanks. Still looking for some people to go out fishing with. Local Holes. or Even Deep Sea (south)
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Moved to DFW - 05/01/18 12:50 AM

welcome

Which part of DFW?

Re: Moved to DFW - 05/02/18 08:24 AM

Near Saginaw
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Moved to DFW - 05/02/18 05:07 PM

I'd start at Marine Creek and Lake Worth.

Marine Creek gets plenty of bank fishing pressure and isn't known to be easy for numbers; but, has a good recent stocking history and survey. Good for multiple species. If I lived near Saginaw, I'd dedicate myself to learning that lake.

Lake Worth--the creek arms closest to the dam and the opposite end up the river.
Posted By: Wesley_Markham

Re: Moved to DFW - 05/02/18 10:37 PM

I live near Decatur/ Rhome. I fish Bridgeport a lot.

Re: Moved to DFW - 05/03/18 08:49 AM

Well if any one needs a fishing partner let me know. Day and time when you are going on. New to all this (Grace) .......

Re: Moved to DFW - 06/01/18 11:53 AM

I am still looking now that I have no job anymore my morning have cleared up a little
Posted By: dreamweaver96

Re: Moved to DFW - 06/02/18 05:30 PM

Hey bud you're pretty close to Eagle Mtn lake which is, in my opinion, one of the easiest lakes to fish in dfw. My buddy and I fish it all the time. He caught an 8.2 back in March out of there. Easy lake to run as well. There are so many docks you can flip all day. Try cranks on the dam as well. Good luck.
Posted By: bstair3202

Re: Moved to DFW - 06/04/18 01:08 AM

I can’t help you in learning lakes since I’m just getting started but more than willing to go fishing with you sometime. I’m pretty close to you too over in Keller.

Re: Moved to DFW - 07/07/19 06:40 PM

Sounds good
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Moved to DFW - 07/08/19 03:13 AM

Welcome! I'm a newbie to DFW area as well. If you're ever up in the North Dallas area near Denton and want to hit up Ray Roberts, my back seat is open most of the time.

I'm still learning the lake so maybe we could trade off on Eagle Mtn / Ray Roberts.

Re: Moved to DFW - 07/09/19 11:39 AM

Thanks

Re: Moved to DFW - 07/09/19 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by bstair3202
I can’t help you in learning lakes since I’m just getting started but more than willing to go fishing with you sometime. I’m pretty close to you too over in Keller.

Sounds great email me or PM when you are ready

Re: Moved to DFW - 07/09/19 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by dreamweaver96
Hey bud you're pretty close to Eagle Mtn lake which is, in my opinion, one of the easiest lakes to fish in dfw. My buddy and I fish it all the time. He caught an 8.2 back in March out of there. Easy lake to run as well. There are so many docks you can flip all day. Try cranks on the dam as well. Good luck.

Thanks for telling me. And good lures to use.?

Re: Moved to DFW - 07/09/19 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by dreamweaver96

Thanks for telling me. And good lures to use.?
Originally Posted by avid_basser
Welcome! I'm a newbie to DFW area as well. If you're ever up in the North Dallas area near Denton and want to hit up Ray Roberts, my back seat is open most of the time.

I'm still learning the lake so maybe we could trade off on Eagle Mtn / Ray Roberts.

Let me know, so so down
Posted By: mbennet

Re: Moved to DFW - 07/10/19 03:31 PM

I fish Friday sat sun.your welcome to go with me.940 577 5289
Posted By: Capshaw42

Re: Moved to DFW - 07/17/19 02:24 AM

Hey man, I am pretty available with my work schedule. My boat is currently in the shop but let me know if you want to hit a lake soon. 817-789-5703

Re: Moved to DFW - 10/26/23 03:48 PM

Well After football (POP WARNER) Youth football season is over, my Saturday will be available again.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum