Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Ray Roberts Fishing Report

Posted By: RayRobertsFishingGuide

Lake Ray Roberts Fishing Report - 07/21/17 08:29 PM

The fishing for White Bass on the lake recently has been the best it has been in years. As a matter of fact maybe ever. I have been a full time guide on the lake since it opened in January 1990 and can not remember it being better at any time. In the morning hours between about 7-10 large schools of mostly keeper size ( 10" minimum length) fish are chasing Shad to the surface and gorging themselves. You can catch fish on numerous small lures that resemble a Shad. At the height of the activity it is not unusual to catch a fish on every cast. If you would like to stock your freezer with fillets or you are just wanting enough for a meal or two, now is the time to be on the lake. Check out my website if you are interested in getting in on this action. I am running a four hour weekday special. Give me a call if you are interested.
UCatchem Guide Service
Posted By: mickeytfc

Re: Lake Ray Roberts Fishing Report - 07/22/17 12:35 AM

Great to hear Jim, stay hard after them and I hope some folks come out with you and get on this action. Ray Roberts is a beautiful lake and not nearly as crowded as the other area lakes.
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Lake Ray Roberts Fishing Report - 08/04/17 08:39 AM

Thanks for the update.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum