Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Murvaul Fishing Report 10/18/16

Posted By: Jammin Outdoors

Lake Murvaul Fishing Report 10/18/16 - 10/20/16 12:48 PM

Well, went out to Murvaul for the very first time, and since no one wanted to provide any help on a prior post, I thought I would give a report. The day was cloudy and almost over cast. Started off in the 70's and got up into the high 80's. The water level was at 264 and about a foot low. Caught fish early on near the reeds and rocks by the bridge on a KVD Square bill Silent crank bait Neon Bluegill. Also, caught fish early on a Strike King Structure jig black and blue with a trailer strike king rage craw black and blue. As the day progressed, I switched to a KVD Splash popper Bluegill color and caught them near the reeds by the docks and the reeds by the levee. No bites on Senkos, Spinner baits, or rattle traps. Thank you.

Video of trip:

https://youtu.be/EXpsNSEp5Bg
Posted By: Rudy Lackey

Re: Lake Murvaul Fishing Report 10/18/16 - 10/21/16 11:39 AM

You did real good. See any pads ?
You be Jammin...
Posted By: Jammin Outdoors

Re: Lake Murvaul Fishing Report 10/18/16 - 10/21/16 06:04 PM

No pads
Posted By: jtwhites85

Re: Lake Murvaul Fishing Report 10/18/16 - 10/28/16 05:36 PM

My cousins live on Murvaul. Very tight lipped to outsiders about the fishing! LOL Went offshore earlier this year and we spoke about it. Almost taboo. But they catch a LOT of crappie throughout the year.
Posted By: ssfireman

Re: Lake Murvaul Fishing Report 10/18/16 - 11/10/16 07:27 PM

Murvaul is off the hook. But I dont take people there. usually only locals know the lake well.
Posted By: bush hog

Re: Lake Murvaul Fishing Report 10/18/16 - 11/17/16 02:48 AM

I didn't see your prior post but you're fishing where I would have recommended. Caught many big bass there (usually while crappie fishing...haha). Looks like you had a good trip. Enjoyed the video. In another month you'll have to take a number to get under that bridge.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum