Texas Fishing Forum

Any recent Coleto reports?

Posted By: Biscuits

Any recent Coleto reports? - 02/22/15 12:14 PM

My cousin is coming for a visit all the way from Indiana next weekend and I am taking him to Coleto. As of now the forecast is looking cold and rainy but we are going no matter what the weather decides to do. What stage are the bass in on Coleto? I'm sure some have spawned. Any reports would be nice.
Posted By: tincan86

Re: Any recent Coleto reports? - 02/23/15 02:08 AM

Will be following this.. My wife told me to take off Friday so we could go camping this upcoming weekend
Posted By: Jgotro

Re: Any recent Coleto reports? - 02/23/15 01:18 PM

I went yesterday caught 37 bass all small, 14 keepers biggest being 3pounds . Fun but I'm looking for a bigger fish. There was a club tournament yesterday also, guy at launch said a little over 10lbs won it. I think fish are still waiting to move up to spawn. Weather ups and downs are messing them up. All my fish came on a shad colored crank bait over grass flat 5-7' of water . Caught a few dinks on an umbrella rig also.
Posted By: southtexascracker

Re: Any recent Coleto reports? - 02/23/15 02:05 PM

What were the water temps? I had heard that they have not been generating much lately.
Posted By: Jgotro

Re: Any recent Coleto reports? - 02/24/15 12:51 AM

Between 65& 73 depending on location. Warm water was by discharge. Most other areas in the 60's. Cold front blew in yesterday eve do I'm sure they'll drop again
Posted By: Josh Ray

Re: Any recent Coleto reports? - 02/25/15 01:47 PM

Im heading to coleto this saturday, Sounds like a good time to catch them on sinkos
Posted By: Biscuits

Re: Any recent Coleto reports? - 03/02/15 04:04 AM

We made it down here yesterday afternoon and on the lake at 330pm. There was a tourney weigh in taking place as we launched and it looked like just about everyone caught a limit. We fished two hours and caught eight keeper size bass the biggest being around 4lbs. Water temp was 58 and we used traps.

This morning we started fishing around 830am and it was slow. Temp at the ramp was 58. We used the TM to get to the discharge. Temp at the discharge was 68. I lost a giant on a trap about 300 yards from the discharge. It got under the boat and threw the hook. My cuz lost a big one too. The white bass were busting the shad at the surface and we lost count on how many we caught. We left them biting. My TM batteries were running low so we headed back and off the lake around 3pm.

We have one more day tomorrow and we are go left of the ramp this time. Going to try for a big picture fish.
Posted By: Josh Ray

Re: Any recent Coleto reports? - 03/02/15 02:20 PM

Rumors are there was a 12.3 caught beginning of February on coleto. Not sure if its true, just a rumor. And I was unable to make it up to coleto this weekend due to the weather. And I was tasked of painting the new nursery for the new baby.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum